Final Fantasy V coming to PSN

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DrGrim, Apr 4, 2011.

1. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

So Final Fantasy VI goes to the Wii Virtual Console while Final Fantasy V goes to PSN. Hmmm...

(reads article) OK, so the PSN verion of FFV is going to have enhancements and new scenes meaning its not just a port.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Interesting. I've never finished any of my emulated copies of FFV. I quite liked the job and ability learning system.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked FF5 but upgrading your job classes slowed to a crawl in the latter half of the game. I recall something like each battle giving me 1 AP and it took 500 or so to get a new ability. I beat the game, but generally I just used gil toss on all the tougher enemies including the last boss.

I'll only buy it again if there are some major updates and not just a really hard added dungeon.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want VI on my PSP to carry around with me. I have it on Anthologies to play on my PS3 and I have a Wii so I could get the "III" version of VI. But I wanna be able to carry it around with me on my PSP. I'm hoping that since I, II, and IV have discs for PSP and now you can get V, VII, VIII, and IX as PSN downloads that this means VI isn't too far away from being on my PSP.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I own...

Final Fantasy I (NES, PS One, PSP)
    Final Fantasy II (PS One)
    Final Fantasy III (DS)
    Final Fantasy IV (Super NES, PS One, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, "The After Years" on Wii, pre-order for PSP Complete Collection)
    Final Fantasy V (PS One, Game Boy Advance)
    Final Fantasy VI (SNES, Game Boy Advance)

The only thing I need to grab is II for the PSP and I'll be set just about for portable Final Fantasy games.

7. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:

If you get on PSN with your PSP you can add VII, VIII and IX to your portability as well.

8. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step. TFW2005 Supporter

depending on whats added, I might get this, since my DS phat's battery is shot, anything GBA is no longer portable for me.
    I didn't see anything about it, but will this have the added content from the GBA version?

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Ehhh, I'm more of an old-school Final Fantasy gamer. And by old-school, I mean pre-PS One stuff.

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Same here, though IX did have a, somewhat, old school feel to it.

11. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer the old school style too, except for that I really like VII too. VII was the last good FF game in my opinion. After that was VIII which I found incredibly dull, and then after that the series kind of got "birds and fairys" on me and I had just generally stopped caring.
    I'm one of the few who bought XIII and didn't fall in love with it too. I sold it a few weeks after buying it and only got half way through it.
    As much as I like VII, it's easy to see why others don't. By now they've milked that particular installment so much with all the prequals and sequals (which I like those too) that it can be really tiring.

My favorites are I on the PSP, IV, IV: The After Years, VI, VII and Chrono Trigger (a FF title by technicality via FF: Chronicles). Never played II, III or V, despite owning V on Anthology.