Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (Spoilers) RE: FFXII

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Sep 16, 2008.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Been playing the hell out of this game. In case you didn't know, this games actually takes place in the real Ivalice this time, about a year after Revenant Wings, it seems. Well, after you beat the game, you have the option to recruit Montblanc into your party.

After a series of clan tournaments, the final tourney is a special bout with none other than Clan Centurio of FFXII! Its cool, because all the characters you fight against are named characters from the clan headquarters in Rabanastre (Ma' Kenroh, the short Nu Mou that gives you hunt advice, Krjn, the Viera standing next to him, Monid, a Bangaa you help on a hunt, Bansat, a Seeq you do the same for, Ktrn, the Viera you answer questions for in the bazaar, etc.) For huge fans of FFXII like myself, its a cool little easter egg.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Is the law system as painfully stupid this time?

3. GogDog

News Credits:
    Nope. At the beginning of every battle, you choose a stat boost. If you break the law, you lose the boost, and you cant revive characters any more for that round. That's it, no more stupid jail.

Oh, and it probably old news, but you also get Vaan, Penelo, Hurdy (the blue-shirted Moogle from Rabanstre's Moogling system, and Montblanc's brother, and also Rozarria's Al-Cid in your party as well.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  4. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Two comments...

The Chocobo Knight portrait have got to be the cutest thing I've seen in a while...
    The little conversation between Cid and Al-Cid at the end is cute. :D 

(Is this the first FF game to have, essentially, two Cids in it?)

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    FFXII had two Cids (Balthier's father).

6. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Bah, no love for Fran, Balthier, Basch, and Ashe?

7. GogDog

News Credits:
    Well, the ones just showed up are mostly cameos. I thought it was cool to see more of the world besides Dalmasca. This game takes place on the same continent as Rozarria, only farther west. Besides, Ashe, Balthier, Fran and Basch already showed up in Revenant Wings.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always appreciate a good homage, so it's cool they have that.
    With the first FFTA, I was bored with the story since it had long battle after battle and story dabbled here and there. I ended up not caring for the characters, and with a battle system that seemed both infeior to the first Tactics, and also the rediculous, random laws, I stop playing long before it ended.

I've heard better things about FFTA2, but I am still leary about it since I can rarely devote the amount of time needed for a strategy game like this. Lost Odyssey, which I logged about 70 hours in to beat, took me several months. It's too bad, really.