Final Fantasy PSP

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Night Flame, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I dug through the first few pages and didn't see anything about this. Anybody picked up the 20th Anniversary release of Final Fantasy for the PSP? If so, would you recommend it to anyone who's never played Final Fantasy in any form before? I've heard a lot of people say it's worthless since it's the same as the Game Boy Advanced version, but for someone who's never owned another version, how would it fare?

Thinking I may pick this up to eat up the few extra minutes I have at the end of each day.

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

um no! The one coming out for PSP is based off the FFT release from PS1.

3. Night Flame

OK, every review I've read of it says it's exactly the same game as the GB Advanced version with improved graphics.

So, is it worth playing for someone who doesn't mind older style games?

4. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

The Tactics based game is not out yet, they've ported the original FF game to the PSP as well. It really depends on your nostalgia factor. It was a great game for its time, but its kind of limited by todays standards in terms of play options, strategy and extras.

I have it for the PS, and don't see the need to get it again.

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I've heard it's the exact same game as the GBA one, but with load times. Which may turn people off to it.

6. Night Flame

See, I tend to get burnt out by todays games because of ALL the options, overbearing strategy, and ridiculous extras. I once had a strategy game where troop morale would decline if you forgot to resupply toilet paper. Turned me off videogames for years. So it's a fairly simple game by todays standards? Sounds good to me.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Only worth it if you haven't played any of the other releases, rereleases or rerereleases.

It's a good game on its own, and it defined the console RPG even to this day.

8. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, its pretty simple. The plot is kind of loose, and there's no character development, but its still fun to play. I personally think its a great game to have on a portable system since there's relatively little baggage. If you've never played it before, and like the old school type of video game RPG, the you'll like this one.

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Dont be surprised if you get lost in it. The game hardly tells you where you have to go next.