Final Fantasy Play Art Figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by cecilvaliant, Apr 21, 2008.

1. cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant Autobot's Human Friend

Ebay:
    hiya, well im become interested in getting Final Fantasy Play Art Figures. i recently ordered the FFVII Game Version Figs (Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa) and currently waiting in the mail for thoses. are there any other cool figures to get in this line? i know they made like Advent children, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, but i hear some pros and cons about them (weird face, tall, imposable), so wondering what are the other good figs to get.
    I know the FFVII game figs are suppose to be really good becase the creator had a helping hand in making the sculpts and so look like how they suppose to look. Wave 2 that is suuppose to come out in summer consist of Sephorith, yuffie, red XIII + cait Sith, and vincent. They all look pretty cool, especially yuffie. =]

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I have Judge Gabranth and I like it. Also have game version Cloud.

3. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all seven of the Advent Children figures, the first three FFVII game version figures, and the Judge Gabranth figure.

The Advent Children figures are good. My only problem I had was with Cloud's legs, they break easly. I was able to fix it with some junker transformer parts. It's much stronger now. I hear this is a commom problem.

Judge Gabranth is great, If it had a removeable helmet it would be perfect. Still a 9.5 out of 10.

The game FFVII versions of Cloud and Aeris/Aerith, are awesome, I love them. Tifa lacks leg articulation, no upper leg rotation, which hurts the posing options tremendously. If it was not for that flaw she would be just as good as the other two. Aerith/Aeris has it, but becuase of the dress, it's never needed.

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I have Game Cloud and Tidus.

5. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My favorites, are Game version Cloud, and Aeris/Aerith, Advent Children Sephiroth, Reno and FFXII Judge Gabranth.

As for upcoming, Game Version Yuffie, and the Red XII/Nanaki Cait Sith two pack are looking very nice.

6. SCOURGE33

SCOURGE33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the FFAC Cloud w/ Fenrir , Sephiroth and Vincent Valentine love them alot and I cant wait for Red XII/Nanaki to come out been waiting for him a long time now.

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Square/Enix was at the New York Comic Con this weekend and though I had no plans or intentions to ever pick up these guys, seeing em on display there got me to pick up Cloud with his Hardy-Daytona, Tifa, Aerith, and Advent Children Sephiroth. I like the FF7 series, not so much the Advent Children one.

8. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I got Cloud and Fenrir as well but Fenrir is broken now from a fall.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a lot of figures from the line, and while I like some characters more then others, I find them all to be solid toys. Gabranth and Squall are probably my favorites. Weather you like Squall as a character or not, they made the figure really well- much thicker and sturdier then a lot of the others.

10. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I have a bunch of the play arts figs, Cloud and Fenrir, probably my fav. I have the Kingdom hearts 2 figs as well, I like those a great deal, other then the Final Form Sora, I wanted a differnet key blade to be sold with him.

While I have not regretted any purchase, I have had 2 major problems with the figures, One of my Sora figs came with his head popped off, from the square enix store. Fixed with some Glue. Only because I didn't want to ship it back. And I got Auron, from a local toy store, the working arm broke off, I mostly suspect it was due to wear from being in sun light. But oh well.

If I had anything really discouraging to say, it would be just becarefull where you buy them from, I am not a fan of the Square-Enix store, because I am of the opinion that the internal workings of a company should know when something leaves a wearhouse in Japan and if it has left docks for the US. Mind you this may be a minor complaint, but it is one that has kept me from getting the FF7 figures at present. I am only hoping that the local toy shop gets them in again.

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Since the thread is here, I need some help:

How exactly do you get Tidus' sword in his hand?

12. MisterE

MisterE What?

I have FFVIIAC Cloud and Sephiroth, as well as Mechanical Arts Fenrir and Trading Arts Tifa. I recently got FFVII Cloud as well, who is awesome. AC Sephiroth is also cool, but not as poseable due to the coat. AC Cloud kind of sucks to be honest. Feels really cheaply made compared to Sephiroth.

I recently found out they're just poseable enough to make some hilarious scenes:

[​IMG]
    Hair metal indeed.

[​IMG]
    After AC Cloud said something about unrealistic hair, FFVII Cloud took things too far.

13. cecilvaliant

Ebay:
    wow, thoses are some cool pics and comments about them. i didnt want to get the harley + cloud yet because its pretty expensive for me =P hopefully bbts will be shipping my 3 figs soon.
    does anyone have FFVIII figs? i was interested in getting some of thoses, but heard like selphie and riona have weird face expressions. i also wanted Ashe and the armor guy from FFXII. are all these figures scaled correctly to each series???

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all the FFVIII figs- I don't particulalry see anything wrong with the faces for them in particular, but I will say that they all have a slightly more generic anime look to them then they do appearing in their respective games/movies (this is for the whole line, not just FF8). As far as scale, all I can say is they seem reasonably close.

15. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Have Sephiroth, the coat does limit his movement but with a little work, he's easily the favorite of the line.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted to pick the PS1 version of Cloud with his bike last Friday but my import store FORGOT to keep a set for me! BLAH!

17. cecilvaliant

Ebay:
    man well order is being processed, hope it ships out soon for my FFVII figs.
    the wave 2 ones look pretty cool, i saw some hobby japan pics and all of them look good and can articulate pretty well. seph and vincent figs looks a bit different as their eyes are more anime-ed =P looks good thou like in the game.

18. Thundercloud

Thundercloud Lone wolf

I have FFVIII Squall, my favourite Play Arts figure, there's really no words to describe how awesome he looks.

FFX Auron, I was really happy when I got him, took him out of the package and his left leg stayed inside, I almost popped a vein. He still looks cool though after I glued it.

And FFX-2 Paine which was a birthday gift, although Rikku is my favourite FFX girl, Paine looks really badass.

I hope to get the game versions of Cloud (with bike if available), Tifa, Sephiroth and Red XII. Never got the AC versions cause I don't like the way they look.

Oh, and wished Square would make a Kimahri figure. Favourite FF character ever.

19. cecilvaliant

Ebay:
    woot, finally ships, now hope to get my figs before the end of this week, hopefully friday =]

20. cecilvaliant

Ebay:
    wow... well its been about a week and i still havent gotten my package from bbts. how long does it usually take to ship to california? didnt think it wouuuld take this long... =[ i remember ordering from them before and it came fast, but this is REALLY SLOW for me...