Final Fantasy IV (USA, DS) - July 22nd, 2008

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kickback, May 14, 2008.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Just because I didn't see it (I DID SEARCH!) and this game is my all-time favorite of the entire franchise...

Square-Enix announced back in April that they will be releasing an English version of the December 2007 Japanese release of Final Fantasy IV on the DS.

The game, like Final Fantasy III, is completely redone in 3D with the music remixed and the storyline once again re-worked, but this time by the original scenario designer/director/writer/whatever.

The game also features some voice work during the cut scenes, as well as a complete lyric version of the "love song" that plays with Cecil and Rosa.

I'm stoked. I've spent MONTHS (literally) on the Final Fantasy II/IV game way back when it first came out on SNES, then again on PSOne, and again on GBA, and will once again do so on DS.

/cheer

EDIT:

www.rpgamer.com

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i cant wait for it either....even though i got the GBA and PSOne versions, i wouldn't mind getting more like it....bring on FFVI.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally excited for it. This was my first FF game of many and just hearing the opening music brings back great memories.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    July 22nd!

I guess when I told Windcharger it was coming out "in three weeks" I was pretty wrong!
    Oh well, I get this on the 22nd and Soul Caliber on the 29th.

Good birthday week. :thumb 

5. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

This is going to rock so much.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You got to be Pscooping me!! They redid the song? That song was the transition from the Bleep-Bloops of old, to simulated orchestrated, moving music pieces in a video game. I remember that I called my friends to my house and showed them the scene where Cecil meets Rosa in the tower and you hear that tune kick in, everyone was amazed by it.

While not my favorite in the series (probably falls around third favorite after 6 and 9) The shots of Palom and Parom holding the wall back, and footage of Rydia made me drool, almost uncontrollably.

You made me call Gamestop man, and look like a fool... Not Cool, :D 

7. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Looking forward to this one. Just recently picked up a DS so now I'll have something to play.