Final Fantasy IV sequel announced

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Dec 13, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

good idea, bad platform....now i'm no longer excited.

2. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I don't see the appeal of playing a game on such a tiny screen. I guess most of the US didn't either given how bad the N-Gage tanked. Though the US did get Doom RPG, which was an official Doom spinoff for mobile phoens only.

I generally dislike devices like this when their main purpose(phone, game console) gets lost under a mountain of other features. Use your phoen to play games or read email, use your game system to watch movies or check the news... I always feel like I'm paying extra money for features that I don't need.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The last time they made a sequel to a final fantasy game, it was crap(x-2, not talking about spin-offs). And cellphone games? I know they make a lot of them for the asian market, but I never see too many people bothering with them in the US. Most cellphones are crap for gaming.

And the ngage.. pfft. That was a cellphone trying to be a gameboy. I remember seeing people use talk on them, it looked like they were holding a taco up to their head.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I generally think portable game systems are a bad avenue for RPGs, and cell phones are worse and I just won't play them. Also of course, Square will use the best cell phone technology available, which will leave US in the dust. Man I remember when it was easy to be a fan of Final Fantasy. FF4, as FF2 for the snes, was my first FF and I would love to play a sequel. Hopefully, the cell phone game will just be a side game to a full console game.

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I'm just glad they're actually making a spinoff for a Final Fantasy game which isn't VII.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If they get around to a FF6 sequel they better not pull this nonsense...

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Wow. That's just awful^2.

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Kickback>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *Force Crushes the boards*

9. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pointless!

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That really sucks ass. I hate when they release sequels (side stories) to good games on the god damn cell phone. My phone is for calling people. I only play breakout on it, and could never invest time into a game on it, let alone waste battery on something like that. GBA, DS, PSP, anything, just not a cell phone. And I love FFIV too. IF they do that to VI, instead of remaking it on DS ala IV and III, I am personally going to visit square and take a dump on their lobby.

11. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

The PSP at least has a large screen, and now TV out capability. Compare the FF Anniv. ports on PSP to even the GBA versions.

The GB Micro also failed miserably, probably because it made the GBA screen even SMALLER.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought one for 40 bucks recently and returned it within an hour. I have pretty good vision, but my favorite games on the GBA were all RPGs or Zelda's and I didn't want to have to strain to see it. Honestly, the screen was too small to enjoy anything on it.

I love the PSP screen size, and I wouldn't trade it for any new feature. I have fully enjoyed movies on it.