Final Fantasy II Problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by samtheman, Jun 30, 2010.

1. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I recently purchased FFII (north american release) and when I turn it on it just goes straight to first cutscene of the game and doesn't even ask me to choose a profile. Is this just due to the save battery needing to be replaced?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which system?

Nevermind. Just saw that you mentioned battery. That might be the case since those old games rarely glitched over other things.

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, if he's talking about the SNES version, then that's probably the case.

4. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Have you tried getting to a save point and then creating a profile? It may be that the previous saves have wiped from the system. If you have, I would wager that the battery is kaput. IIRC, the first time you start the game it goes from the title screen right into the open cutscene, so it may no be reading any saves on the cartridge.

(I'm assuming that you're referencing Final Fantasy II [US Title] for the SNES aka Final Fantasy IV).

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have to agree with the consensus and say its a dead battery and sadly im not sure if there is any way to get a new one put in.

6. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Yes, I've tried that and it just goes to the first cutscene again. And yes, that is the game im referencing.

I put new batteries in myself. It's a simple soldering job but I like to avoid it if there are simplier soultions. I guess I'm going to have to though.