Final Fantasy Game Edition play Arts Cloud Pictures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GogDog, Jan 27, 2008.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Can you say one of the most overdue figures ever?

Got him yesterday. Very good figure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great pics dude!

I want him so bad. :( 

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    :p 

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One question, I've got a lot of the playarts FF figures and I really like all of them except for the FF12 wave as the added chest articulation totally puts them out of scale with the other figures that they've made... so is he made like the other figures or like the FF12 figures?

5. GogDog

News Credits:
    I have no idea really, as the only other Play Arts figure I have is Judge Gabranth. His waste seems to be on a ball joint, as he can bend in any direction.

Classic Battle Pose

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kakashisensei

Kakashisensei Well-Known Member

looks totally fantastic. I want so bad....

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Always wanted those, but they are so expensive and FYE never marks them down.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. On the FF12 figures they added (at least on Balthier, Van and Ashe) they added this weird upper torso swivel (similar to something on the earlier Marvel Legends figures) and it made them have to extend the upper bodies of the character. It works okay with Balthier (and I'd assume Gabranth) as they're supposed to be tall guys, but Ashe and Van are supposed to be short, but they're as tall as Sephiroth and Vincent. I'll definently be picking this guy up though... I like the looks of him better than my Advent Children Cloud... wonder how he'd look with both swords?! :sly2: 

Oh, btw, you didn't happen to see Aerith or Tifa from that wave did you?

9. GogDog

News Credits:
    I'm looking at Gabranth now, and I'm pretty sure he does not have the chest swivel. Cloud has no such chest swivel either.

They definitely went with the game styling rather than the updated movie styling, so the figures do look unique in Cloud's case from the movie version.

Yes, they had both Tifa and Aerieth. I grabbed Cloud because he was the last one. They had plenty of the other two. I was going to wait for the package with Cloud with the Daytona Hardy (similar to the Advent Children Cloud and Fenrir), but I couldn't resist. I'll probably just get him again with the bike and give this one away to a friend.

10. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

How's the QC on them? I've broke two of the Advent Children versions of Cloud so far just because they're made of shit. His legs can't take being posed or taken on and off his bike, which begs the question of why did they give him joints in the first bloody place.

11. GogDog

News Credits:
    Well, they are very soft, and they have that habit like most pvc of being very sticky at first and having to break in the joints. I only plan on displaying him in some sort of different way every once in a while.

Which parts on your Clouds broke?

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The Play Arts figures are getting on my nerves... that's two Clouds now, most Final Fantasies have figures in the line, even Tactics, nothing for my favorite #6. All they've done is the Master Creatures Kefka. At least throw me a Shadow, throw me a Setzer, throw me a Terra that I'll have to search through eBay as Tina to find anyone selling her.

13. GogDog

News Credits:
    I would LOVE to see some FFVI Play Arts with styling inspired by Yoshitaka Amano.

14. TJOmega

News Credits:
    So maybe not the most overdue figure after all? Hell, I've got the first Cloud figure that ever came out, best Terra and Locke have gotten are some keychain figures.

As for Yoshitaka Amano's style... I never did like some of the design choices, things like that banana jumpsuit Celes is in and Terra with blonde hair... Their armor suits them both, and Terra's just not right without the green hair. Though if they'd do FF7 figures for Advent Children and the game, maybe they'd do both stylings.

15. GogDog

News Credits:

I said one of the most overdue. :) 
    And I also said inspired by Amano. See? We're on the same wavelength and you don't even know it.

Terra can never have anything other than green hair to me, but seeing a generic anime version of her would also see weird.

Ooh! Imagaine a vehicle pack with Terra and Magitech Armor, instead of a motorcycle.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  16. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Ah, now that would be cool... The armor would have to fit everyone though, I can't think of Magitek Armor without remembering Cyan tearing through the Imperial camp with it.

There's a lot of characters that couldn't be done on their own... Strago would have to include Relm. Mog would have to include Umaro. Shadow would have to include Interceptor. (You'd think they would do Mog just because he's the franchise mascot)

17. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I want a chocobo that any figure from any series can ride it :) .

18. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I believe it was the left leg that snapped off both times leaving the ball still in the socket so it's pretty much impossible to fix.

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This figure looks cool. I cannot wait for the new FF7 game to come out on PSP! It really is the reason I bought the system in the first place a few months ago.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shucks! I had him 2-3 weeks ago? Even posted pix on the "Lets see some cool stuff" thread but I thought no one was interested in him due to the lack of comments (the last time I checked)! XD I picked up Tifa and Aeris too! IMO I find his blade kinda short. Also according to my retailer, his bike is coming out in April! Woot!!!