Final Fantasy For iPhone

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hehehe, Ishtalkers is packing with good Iphone news lately. I was hoping for a real FF game to pop up on Iphone. Song Summoners is awesome, though.

edit: Nice use of the touch interface. FF2's leveling system is still very unique and organic. I love it, even if it hurts at first.

3. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Now that I have an iPod Touch, it' much easier to follow the news. :D  I'm working on an article about useful Apps, some new, some older. But that's won't be a TFW post. I only relink here if it's something I think people will like.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well if I can suggest some. For Original Iphone and 3G users, iVideoCamera is pretty awesome, and for the most part works well. It gives non-3GS users a video camera app. 10FPS, unlimited recording, with Youtube, Facebook, and wireless (to your PC) uploads. And the devs are trying to upgrade it as much as possible (they went up from 5FPS to 10 the week it launched).

Fandango has an awesome app for checking movies and buying tickets, and believe it or not, Skype has saved me cash on the Iphone, because it works really well with Wifi, and so when I'm at home, I don't use up minutes on the phone. Dragon and Google apps are awesome. The other day I was wondering where to get a drop in Monster Hunter, so I opened up the app, and said, "Where can I find the giant bone in monster hunter," and it read my entire question and popped up links, including youtube videos.

PS mobile is a great Adobe Photoshop mini and I use Pandora Box to keep up with new releases in the app store, since it actually sorts by exact date released. You can also snipe things you like, and it will send you a push notification when something you sniped drops in price.

Sorry for the long-winded, but hopefully some of those are useful for the article.

5. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll look into them for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, to get this back on topic, the graphics are really nice on this. I hope they sell well enough to justify other games in the series being ported.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it looks like the PSP release a few years back, but I think they've revamped them again. I can't imagine it being more than 10 bucks, so I'll probably give it another run. I hope they get a good save-system. Most games made for the Iphone allow for automatic saves when you press the home button, in the event that you have to rush away from the game.

Square could also easily port a FFtactics to the Iphone, which is another reason why supporting these wouldn't be a bad idea.

Oh, and then there's FFVI, hehehe

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despite having played and beaten both before, I can't wait for this, especially with the updated PSP graphics.

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Mind = Blown

9. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    THose graphics look fantastic ~ i downloaded the FFIV After Years game from WiiWare and had a hard time with how primitive and static the models and fights were.

10. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rather they put the remakes on PSN so I wouldn't have to deal with virtual D-Pad.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That is damn nice :) 

I'm hoping FF3 - the real one, not FF6 - gets that treatment. One 3D update title was nice, but it's always been passed over for the 2D upgrade.

Granted, I'd also love to see the SNES titles redone like that.