Final Fantasy: Dissidia

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Rodimus Prime, May 17, 2007.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia/

According to Wikipedia (so take it with a grain of salt):

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_-Final_Fantasy-

:sly: 

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

What i've seen so far makes it lok like a cross of Smash Brothers and Power Stone, which is fine by me.

3. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I see the older FF characters getting some love, so I'll pick it up when I get a PSP.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Must-get? No.
    Totally gonna get it? Yes.

Hell, I got Ehrgeiz and Chocobo Racing. The bar's set pretty low.

5. Alc_Fluteo

Alc_Fluteo The Last Lonely Knight

According to the officail site, Amano is doing the character designs (you'll notice this if you really look at Zidane, he looks different.

I'm hoping that we'll get some FF6 characters in here...hell, I want Sabin, Edgar, Terra, Cyan, Gau, and Locke man!

Also...apparently you can play as Espers/Summons....there's quite a few shown in the screen shots that I've seen.

6. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Supposedly, there are only going to be 10 principle hero characters...so the cast list is going to be a bit small with certain games probably not going to be represented at all. Personally, I would happy if it was limited to the cast of 1-6 and 9.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd almost count on seeing Cloud and Sephiroth make it in there. Although personally I'd prefer they didn't, they are so popular you just know they'll turn up.

I also hear Kuja from FFIX is in there. The battle system sounds promising:

Originally posted here

What I'm stoked about is Trance Mode's return. That was, in my opinion, the coolest of all the Limit Breaks.

8. Skywarp_TPK

Skywarp_TPK Harbringer of the MegaDub

Ditto.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will pick it up, but I have no love for portables. If a great game comes out on them, I will get it, but I don't play on the go so much so there is no reason to play on a portable over a nice home setup. Even if I get the portable version first, I would really hope they release it on a console ala the PSP GTA's.

Oh, and I don't think Amano is doing new designs, I think that new Zidane design is a Nomura redesign. I also think FF7 characters are a must, due to popularity, but I agree that they are overexposed and almost every other FF has characters that top those of 7's that get no credit. Sabin better be in it... and if they pull someone from 10, I hope it's Auron and not Tidus, IMHO.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, Sabin is a total must. And based on their fighting background, Tifa from FFVII and Zell from VIII are natural choices as well.

I'd love to see a representative from every FF game pop up in this one, preferably not all main characters either. Let's have a few of the less well known characters like Yang or Zande to balance out the likes of Cloud and Garland.

Also, wasn't Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile meant to be in this, or was that the Light Warrior?

11. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Haven't heard about the Valkyrie thing. Could be true, but I think they have enough FF material to not include oustiders. Having 10 main heroes is already limiting the FF universe. Besides the aforementioned Sabin and Auron, and of course the knowledge that Zidane and the Warrior of Light being in there, I would guess they are taking one from each game, so my realistic choices for the other 6 would be the main characters, so, Squall, Cecil, Cloud, Bartz, Vaan, and then it's up in the air for the last position from 2 or 3, and I doubt they would do something from 11. My favorite is honestly the infamous FF8, so I am fine with Squall, though I would love to see Zell to. I would hate to see them pass up Basch or Balthier for Vaan, but it might happen. Hopefully there will be a lot of unlockables, but we will see.

12. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

sweet... finally a FF on the PSP...
    however, it would even be cooler if they port over FFVII or X... that was what I've been anticipating since the launch of the PSP :( 

13. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I wouldn't exactly call Dissidia a Final Fantasy, but more of a fighting game spinoff. I would be more excited about FFVII Crisis Core for a more FF like FF game on the PSP.