Final battle significance(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ironguymanpie, Jul 1, 2014.

1. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may be thinking too much into it, but I really felt like the final battle reinforced family as the theme of the movie. It starts out with Cade going to help optimus prime, putting another's needs before his own. That's family. Prime returned the favor to save Cade from attinger, and Cade continued to help optimus on his own when prime got impaled. The family theme not only got stronger when it only Shane and Tessa came back for Cade, bee came back for prime. I almost feel like Tessa was able to get through to bee when she said she wasn't leaving her dad, and maybe bee thought he couldn't leave his father figure behind either. And so they all began working together, despite all the issues and differences they faced throughout the movie, they came together because not only was their old family in trouble, but also their new family. Again I maybe looking too much into it, but I don't care, I'm a sucker for anything that resembles the theme of family in a movie, which is one of the reasons why tf4 is my favorite tf film. Please share your honest opinion

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I can see that.

3. Ironfire1234

Ironfire1234 Active Member

i agree i loved that in this film. I really like bumblebee becoming more of prime's son almost. I also love movies with family and growth in family

4. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What made G1 a success was the family component. Optimus Prime was more or less a father figure to the G1 Autobots, and of course you had the authentic bond between Spike and Sparkplug (most likeable human characters in TF universe).

5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or it's that each side has someone saying, 'the other side is stupid. Stick with your own kind, if you know what's good for you.'

That was the general idea when Attinger confronted Cade, and Lockdown said pretty much the same thing...but in the end, Cade's family and Optimus were able to work together in a sense to destroy these major threats.

6. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Damn that could work

7. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

igm:

I think you're on to something. Don't forget Optimus' earlier line to Cade about Bumblebee.

8. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

well at the end it was about saving the world. had they not helped prime, galvatron might have conquered earth.

so in order to save themselves they had to help prime. problem was bigger than just them.

9. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think they should have given Lockdown a kill in the final battle to build up the drama of it. Either kill Bee or Prime.
    Bee disregarded Optimus' orders and sacrificed himself for Prime...that would have be a heavy burden for Prime to carry through out the rest of the trilogy.
    Or kill Prime to show that he sacrificed his life for a human in the end...maybe they are saving this for the end of the trilogy.

I still wish Lockdown would have lived though. Was hoping he wouldn't realize Prime was gone from his ship til the end and save his return for the sequel.

10. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bee and prime are never gonna die for good, hasbro wouldn't allow it

11. Finchfan000

Finchfan000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, little kids everywhere would cry their eyes out if Bee died.
    I was almost expecting Cade to die ala Armageddon-ish.."take care of my little girl" type ending.

12. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

Yeah. I like it.

I have to say I liked the Cade character a lot too. More than I thought I would. I like how he was able to restore a little bit of Prime's faith in humanity and the kind of mutual respect they had for one another I thought came across pretty well.

13. JasonPrime

I do kind of feel like somewhere along the way in this new trilogy Cade may end up making the heroic ultimate sacrifice to save Prime and/or the world/universe.

14. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Changing's Prime overall attitude towards humanity.

15. JasonPrime

right on.