Filling some holes in ROTF (Ask a question and I will provide an answer)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

These are some plot holes that seem to be bugging a few people, especially critics, and here are some solutions to them. Any questions such as these I will find an appropriate and easy-to-understand answer, I will update this post here with the question and message you that it is answered.

1. Why are other Constructicons running around when Devastator still formed?

Back in G1 many decepticons had the same robot form. For example The Seekers. Skywarp, Thundercracker and Starscream all shared the same mold but with different color schemes and personalities. The Constructicons in the movie-verse continuity are like that. Incase Devastator is missing a component like an arm or a leg or even a head, there's another bot nearby to fill in that space. Consider them like a extra wheel.

2. Why is there another bot named Grindor that looks like Blackout and another bot that looks like Bonecrusher?

Similar to the question above, Grindor and Blackout were forged from the same mold. They're called army builders. Now remember Blackout has alot of firepower, it would make sense that Megatron would make a bunch of these to bulk up his army.

To help understand this watch the Transformers Animated episode Autoboot Camp. Bumblebee approaches Waspinator claiming that they look alike and they must have been forged from the same mold. This applies to Bonecrusher too in the movie-verse continuity. You have a few molds of powerful Decepticons and alot of Energon, wouldn't you wanna bulk up your army and kick some skid-plate?

3. Are the Twins truely racist?

This whole racism debate is nothing but BS. Reno Wilson who voiced Mudflap is black himself, and the voice actors, and everyone had no intention of being racist. It's not racism if it's not intentional. The problem is when people see The Twins acting all gangster like that they automatically link it to African Americans and deem in offensive. Thats the problem right there. If you complain the Twins are racist, you're the one whose being racist for thinking they're portraying African-Americas. Tons of people out there act like that, regardless of their skin color. The Twins Skids&Mudflap are kids basically, and this generation of kids are acting like that, with the swearing/rapping etc. they picked that behavior up on Earth because thats probably the closest to their behavior back on Cybertron.

The Twins are considered by some as the new Jarjar Binks. To those who think this rewatch The Phantom Menace and rewatch ROTF. Jarjar Binks was an accident-prone idiot and wasn't even funny, just stupid. The Twins were stupid, but their character is based on a behavior that is pretty common in this era, which makes it funny. Plus, the Twins took on the biggest Decepticon in the movie, and they did quite alot of damage to Devastator like busting up the right side of his head. They're kids, they're arrogant and clumsy, it's what kids do.

Personally I think this is more fodder added to the cannon that haters launch at this movie. More BS reasons, just ignore it.

Why doesn't Optimus know jack about his grandparents or their time?

Optimus is an orphan, no one knew he was a prime. If your parents died when you were a baby and someone who had no knowledge about what happened to your parents or who you are, you wouldn't either.

2. Chosen40k

Chosen40k Active Member

You sure it's that and not that Devastator is his own robot? XD

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the movie, but it did have plot holes. It's just not a deal breaker for me. However, I'll bite.

1. If Sam had to "earn" the matrix, why could the Fallen just snatch it up?
    2. Why did Megatron get resurrected and fly right to the Fallen, when in part 1 he went headfirst into battle for the All Spark?
    3. If the Fallen knew about Earth, why didn't he get Megatron, his "apprentice" earlier instead of letting him lay there in ice for so many years? Let alone all the 'cons he had searching the planet for all those years.

4. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

1.) Sam brought the Matrix back into existence. After that, it was fair game.
    2.) Because his mission was to find the All Spark....which was on Earth? He flew back to the Fallen this time because they had to regroup and the All Spark had been destroyed.
    3.) Um, who do you think sent Megatron to Earth to get the All Spark in the first place? Of course he knew Megatron was on Earth somewhere, finding him was a different story. Basically, he knew Megatron was on Earth but didn't know exactly where. Same goes for the All Spark for that matter.

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The scene with the "robot heaven" as everyone calls it kind of bugged me. Is this just an extension of Sam "seeing symbols" or something else entriely?

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, again, I really liked the movie and I can fill in plot holes to. I just wanted to see what some other peoples thoughts were on it, so I wasn't trying to be coy or agitating or anything.

7. Chosen40k

Chosen40k Active Member

1)What was the Fallen doing after the Primes died?
    2)Why doesn't Optimus know jack about his grandparents or their time?

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Excellent topic :thumbs2: 

But of course you know people aren't gonna buy it because they'll have their fingers in their ears going "LALALALA this movie sucks LALALALA I'm not listening LALALALA!" ;) 

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    1. At what point do you just chalk these plotholes to errors in poor movie making?

10. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

It just takes a little easy understanding on how the TF franchise works. I don't think it was the editing, people are too lazy to come up with a theory that works for them.

11. Kapit

Kapit Badass?

What did Sam do for the twelve hours between when he left the super VIP frat club party at night and arrived at the random cemetery in the middle of the day?

12. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I brought this up in a conversation I had with someone right after I saw the movie. I had previously read reviews and such that called the twins "ignorant racial stereotypes" and as such had a bad taste in my mouth going in. But after seeing them on screen the last thing that popped into my head was a racial stereotype.

I live 45 miles from Atlanta, GA. I hear worse than that at the local Wal Mart blaring out of car stereos, driven by white guys. I hear worse coming out of the mouths of the drivers of those cars. I specifically thought "teenage gansta-wannabe" when I heard them talking, which for some reason, fits.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Maybe because he never got a chance to devel that far into the All Spark's "history banks" before the War on Cybertron broke out and they were forced to send it into space, away from Megatron? Way I remember it, they were just safeguarding the AllSpark on Cybertron (at least in the comics, which I know don't count in the actual movieverse).

14. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I like to think the reason why there were the same construction vehicles during the final battle was that the only alt. forms the Decepticon protoforms could scan were the construction vehicles around. That's why some were the same. And the random Decepticons that were fighting the Autobots/Army were trying to scan the vehicles the army had, but weren't close enough to them. So they were trying to get closer.