Filed a dispute with my bank today..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hound_Dawg, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

So, i know many of you have ordered stuff and filed disputes when the orders don't show or get messed up or what ever. I ordered some Kingdom Hearts figures and some other stuff before I found myself gainfully unemployed and the only thing to show was the figures. the other stuff was an art book and some knick knacks as i was gonna collect KH stuff while waiting between TF lines. So i hounded the place i ordered from and they promised my order had shipped that it would show up at the end of the week, yadda yadda, nothing. So I called my bank, told them that i paid in full for my order and only recieved part of the order. They had me file a dispute for the amount of the items in question, i did, i was gonna haggle on the shipping becuase i paid for fed ex and they shipped usps but while i was doing everything i didn't calculate they actually stiffed me 14.50 on the shipping on top of the 42 plus dollars for the items i didn't recieve.

I am glad that i'll most likely get the money back given the situation i am in. but it just kinda sucks to have such a crappy experience. kinda adds to all the shit that was bringing me down to begin with.

I was doing some more looking into this store, and no it isn't a sponcer here that did it, and turned out they fubar'd an order for the guys at MacHall. If i had paid more attention to that I wuold have never placed an order with them and probably paid more for the iteams somewhere else.

So anyone else ever had to go through their bank on a dispute before? I don't mean like paypal or ebay, but your actual bank? did it get resolved for you quickly?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're not gonna say what store it was?

3. Hound_Dawg

I guess i don't see why not, it's not a sponser here, the place is called Toys n Joys, they are based out of honolulu.

4. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had so many problems with online orders over the past month ( mostly Ebay, but some other stores too) that I have decided not to buy anything for myself until after the holidays. I have seen this pattern before. This is the season for scamming. The demand is high and competition fierce, so things sell for more. And people are busy, so they don't check things as thoroughly. Ebay and Paypal have never resolved any problems that I have had. They say that I am right, but they either do not cover the dollar amount or are unable to recover funds. Filing disputes with my Visa has been my only true defense. I avoid paying with anything other than my Visa as much as possible and I never allow more than 30 days to complete transactions regardless of what bs I am getting from an online seller.

5. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was once doublecharged, on accident, by an online store. It was a large order and threw my finances into hell.

I went to the bank, told them of the error and their response was basically, too bad. It wasn't our mistake, your account is still going to be charged overdrafts, if you want the money back, you have to get it from the company.
    Well, the company was a militia supply store out of Montana and they laughed when I called to ask about the money, though they did apologize for the mistake.

Ended up, I had to call the comptroller of the currency, the oversight agency for national banks, and had them force my bank to refund all the money they took out.

Was quite the mess.

6. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Yeah, Toys n Joys sucks all sorts of ass.
    I believe there's more than a FEW threads about them of pissed people in the ToyArk.

Nuff said

7. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    F TNJ. F them hard!

8. Hound_Dawg

Damn, should have checked in the toyark to see anything on them

9. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Filed a dispute a few times.. once for MSN taking a huge amount out of my bank account without prior knowledge, and once a loan place I go through took out money a week early and both times they made my head spin with neg balances and bank fees... wasn't pretty.