File this under AWESOME

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Geoff Johns to Produce/Co-Write FLASH Movie

The Hollywood Reporter has updates on the multitude of DC Comics properties in various stages of development in Hollywood. The big news for comic fans is the increased involvement of three very well known names: Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, and Marv Wolfman.
    We heard about this relationship last fall, but now the nebulous "roles" are starting to take form. Geoff Johns, current writer of The Flash: Rebirth has written a treatment for a live action Flash movie, and has been named a Producer on it as well. Dan Mazeau, also currently working on a Johnny Quest movie, will be writing the script off Johns' treatment.
    Morrison and Wolfman's specific projects have not yet been announced, nor has an upgrade from "consultant" to "producer" on any upcoming films been set for them. However, control of a live action Teen Titans movie was taken back from producers into Warner Bros. at the same time as The Flash, and the Superman franchise is currently considered to be on hold after the lackluster performance of Superman Returns in 2006. All three writers are working on most DC Comics movie projects together, in varying levels.
    DC and Warners have several projects in the works currently. The Losers has a full cast, Jonah Hex is filming, and Green Lantern recently found its star with Ryan Reynolds, and projects featuring Bizarro Superman, a second John Constantine movie, two Green Arrow films (one being the Green Arrow in prison with a bevy of villains film, Supermax, one being an origin flick), Adam Strange, Aquaman, and Shazam are all in the works, though some are barely past the suggestion and pitching phase.

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Definately awesome, it was time DC took their properties to film. I'd love to see Constantine 2.

3. TheGreatMrChibi

TheGreatMrChibi The tighter shirt.

This is super-awesome. Comic book movies are at their best when they're handled by people who take the properties and universes seriously-- Iron Man, the Nolan Batman films, and the first couple X-Men and Spidermen movies are the crowning glories of this approach. But outside of Batman, those are all Marvel properties-- so as a DC fanboy, I can't wait to add some more names to that list!

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Sweet, I loves me some Green Arrow!

5. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Geoff Johns getting involved with the Flash movie is great news. I wish he'd get involved with the Green Lantern movie too. Hell, if DC had any brains at all, they'd get him involved with every one of their properties.

6. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I didn't think Ryan Reynolds could do Green Lantern... I thought he had a non-compete clause in his Deadpool contract.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Apparently they have a Lobo Script they like now too.

8. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I just want to know if this Jonny Quest movie will have the body count of the original 60s cartoon.

9. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It'll be awesome IF it happens.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I don't know who will be in it, I don't know what it'll be about But I'll be there opening day.

Now if they only got him to be a producer on Green lantern

11. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

:lol 

I know right? Kids cartoon my ass. Still I hope the movie is anywhere near as awesome as the old cartoon.