Customs: figurines that fit in an alternator or binaltech? help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by seali_me, Nov 8, 2008.

1. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

other than mask figures...

i've been trying to find figurines that fit are there any figurines out there that would fit and look nice with alts and bts?

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I haven't confirmed it because all my old ones are still buried in my parents' basement somewhere... but I'm pretty sure that Kenner's M.A.S.K. figures would probably be close to scale with Alternators. They have poseable knees too, so you might even get them to sit properly.

Anyone test this out?

zmog

3. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

I've tried the M.A.S.K. figures but you'd need to cut a little bit off of the feet and a little bit on the thigh because of the steering wheel. Then they'll fit.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    They fit decently well inside the Mustang mold with no modifications. *looks at sig* Somehow I know this . . . .

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

*looks* ....I don't see it.

:p 

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Other than than the Mantis-Mech Destro, they aren't articulated, but the "Mission Scale" Sigma-6 era Gi-Joes are the right scale and look AWESOME with the Alternator folks....plus the continuity makes sense.

Plus that MARS/Cobra transforming Mantis mech really just feels like it belongs in a TF v Joe comic ;) 

OH! And the bike riding ones will ride on a lot of TF cycles. Storshadow has been on Aelita-1 since I got her....as weird as that actually is....

D/L

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can't help that you're blind. :lol 

I've gotten a few o fthe smaller Sigma 6 figures as well. I repainted a Destro to be more like the original. I've got a handful of others I'd like to use as well. I've cut them from their bases, and will be painting a few. They look nice, but I'm not thrilled with them like I am with the M.A.S.K. figures. The M.A.S.K. figures were actually designed to be 1:24 scale, whereas the Sigmas were essentially designed to be smaller figures in a loose scale. I do like them because they're on the cartoon side like comic books and manga :) 

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Well Alternators are roughly 1:24 scale.

A six foot tall man would be-- 72 inches divided by 24 = 3 inches

I would say a 3 inch figure would be ideal, basic Star Wars figures are 3 1/2 inches I think, so they would fit but be a tad over scale. Would work fine for the casual diorama. I think the newer Indiana Jones guys are 3 1/2 inches, and have more "real world" potential.

If articulation is not a priority check those Homies figures(not sure of they still make 'em) I think they are 3 inches.:thumbs2: 

9. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I use some Megablock's Pirates. They fit INSIDE my Alts, but they look like hobbits with the robots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. seali_me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spiderman rocket racer "new goblin" he just need a new head. around the same size as a mask figure. i had to take out the figure's torso to make it fit inside the viper. around 11$ cad

minimates also fit perfectly. just change the head so it doesn't look too blocky.

11. seali_me

i love this. it looks so cool.

btw i've seen those indiana jones toys around. i think they're about 4 inches. i might swipe a head from one of them

thanks for the help everyone. sq7, i want to passby your place so i can swipe all of your mask toys. hehehe

sq7 can you take a pic of your mask figure standing beside a mustang?