Figures you once loved, and then one day regretted buying

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Batman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i feel my most hated line was actually cybertron, i bought a few of the delux toys but after weeks i started really disliking them even though they werent that bad generally, i find it hard to explain, downshift has a rather classic look for eg but i just had to get rid of it, straneg but true.

2. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Same here. At that time I was just trying to buy every figure that hit the shelves, regardless whether I thought it looked cool or not, in other words, I was blowing TONS of money for nothing more than bragging rights. Never make that mistake again.

3. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Movie Blackout,Brawl and Jazz. Three strikes, nuff said.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Movie Jazz, after I got the Premium version.

Classics Optimus Prime.

20th Anniv Optimus. Even when I got it I wanted the MP-04 version.

While I don't regret getting Deluxe Lockdown, I don't find him as epic as when I first got him.

5. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

The Movie and Animated figs. Once I open them and fiddle with them and the show went off, so did my interest.

6. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant remember the series (might have been one of the early movie toys), but is a seeker named Overcast (I thought, cool a Mig-29, one of my favorite fighter jets), but the robot mode is so awful i can't stand him in bot mode; it's the only figure in constant Alt mode i own.

7. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Titanium Megatron (The first one)

I originally wasn't going to get him, I was looking for War Within Prime. But then I saw him in the store... he seemed to he holding a pretty cool pose in the box, which made me think maybe the early reviews had been a bit harsh. Sure, the alt mode was a square, but maybe the robot mode made up for it.

When I opened him, my hope quickly dissolved as I realized that they had partially disassembled him to get him into that pose in the box. I carefully freed him... and he came apart in my hand. I thought he was broken, but upon examining him, I discovered the very solid, heavy die-cast metal legs were held on by extremely tiny, weak clips. Also, although he had all the usual joints, they were so limited as to be utterly useless.

He's in pieces now... somewhere. What a waste of money!

8. Armorhide

Armorhide Damn kids

leader brawl

9. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    TM Optimus Primal

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    cybertron primus....

that is ok though...i sold him to frenzy_rumble for customizing kitbash happiness ....

11. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I do regret blowing money on most BW figs like TM2 Jawbreaker, Ramulus, and Ignuanus. T_T

12. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

thank you for your service!!!

movie Blackout. The way his rear propellor is almost is like a weird 3rd leg.
    He makes up for it with an awesome alt mode and a very cool presence in my Destron Air Force.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

no i have the opposite problem, lol i have the i regret NOT buying transformers, i once didn't like, but now, i want... lol.

but i don't think there are any transformers that i have ever bought that i have regretted buying. disappointed with? yea, but i was still glad i owned them, like g1 superion, i was so disappointed with it, but i am glad i bought one. *stupid stilt legs* lol...

14. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I love all my BW figs(minus retrax -_-)

but lately I think i'm needing to take a break after I get the last couple animated before the movie...starting to just not be enthused anymore at all..

15. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Uni Galv and Tankor.

Sure i heard they were bad beforehand, but i still wanted them for some reason. Of course, Tankor sucked (he doesn't deserve to be called Octane!), and Galvy...Oh, god. Just leave him in tank mode.

The RID Spychangers. I liked them as a kid, but now i wonder what the hell i could have done with these bricks. Now i have to recreate them out of Legends Jazz.

RID Grimlock. I only bought him to complete Landfill. Of course, i didn't know how bad Landfill and him were.

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Animated Blackarachnia, Ratchet and Cybertron-Mode Optimus.

Blackarachnia and Ratchet for being stupidly hard to balance, and unsatisfying to pose.

Cybertron-Mode Optimus because I already owned the deluxe Earth-Mode, but I had heard great things about the individual release. Earth-Mode Optimus is superior in every respect; where Cybertron-Mode has inhibiting tight and loose joints, Earth-Mode has consistently tight, but non-restrictive, joints. Where Cybertron-Mode has a bright and garish deco, Earth-Mode has a far more subdued and eye-pleasing paint scheme. Do I even need to mention the absurd difference in quality between the Alt. Modes and weapons?

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movie Incinerator
    Movie Blackout
    I keep them in vehicle mode and hardly look at em anymore.

18. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

for me it was Universe 2.0 Ironhide. I searched for months trying to find him, then i got my grubby little hands on it and couldn't wait to check it out. But then i transformed him and was like WTF is this blue face shit. It pissed me off cause every pic i saw of him even on the damn box he didn't have a blue face. Damn you hasbro, since when do transformers hold their breath. he now stands behind MP optimus and MP starscream this way nobody see's him.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    SWTFs FTL. Yup. can't stand em!

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    animated voyager optimus prime, i'm serious the waist is loose, the axe is too big and the first varation had no autobot insignia......