Figures you once loved, and then one day regretted buying

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Batman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone else have a figure you used to once think was really awesome, and now can't stand looking at it?

For me it is MP Starscream. At first I thought he was a really cool figure. I liked transforming him, posing him etc. Then for no explainable reason, I started hating it. I don't know if I forced myself to like it at first because it was so expensive, or maybe the constant improvement on the design of new figures have made him feel lackluster, but I am at the point I don't even want him anymore and have taken him out of my display. Now I just think to myself why the hell did I want this so badly?

2. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I don't know what happened to you with your toy. I myself still have a good relationship with my MP Skywarp.
    But the one I can't stand looking at, since the day I opened him up from it's package is Classic Grimlock... Because of him, I mean, he actually killed my mojo of buying transformers for almost a year!

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    MP Starscream for me as well, but for other reasons. I had an inside friend (reliable one) who told me the toy failed too many drop tests to be released in the US, so I caved and bought MP-03... it now stands behind my US Masterpiece Starscream who I enjoy far more...

...he is no longer my inside friend.

4. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Universe Unicron, just so big and a brick

5. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's easy. 25th Optimus Prime. I thought it was cool to own a reissue G1 Prime. But as the months rolled by the price was dropping. I have another one that I bought at clearance and thinking of returning it at the 1st place I purchased it for a full refund. I better hurry. I have a week left.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I know I'm going to get tared and feathered for saying it, but Animated Bumblebee.

I wanted to give the Animated toys a fair shot so I got a few. While I still like my Animated Starscream and I still love my Animated Soundwave, Bumblebee for some reason just doesn't work very well for me.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of the first movie line.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara Pepsi Prime is another. At first I was like ZOMG I NEED THAT. Now he sits in his box in the closet with short smokestacks because I jacked his long ones for my commemorative series Optimus Prime.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a few toys that I thought I would like before I bough them (and didn't), But I've never run into a toy that I liked at the start, and had my opinion sink down that far with time. (though sometimes the preferences shift a bit when newer better figures are released.)

10. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

id most of the movie figures for me as well. i love movie ratchet though. but the honestly, i spent all of my tour in iraq buying g1's in so/so condition. when i got home i realized how much i really didnt need broken and half complete g1's lying around. ive recently tossed em back on ebay, keeping only the ones i have sentimental value for.

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Animated Ratchet that arm gimmick just got really annoying after playing with him enough

and most of the Movie figures as well but only after I realized there were so many figures that were just so much better

12. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

have to agree with those that posted with the movie toys. i caved in and bought most of them and i'm now regretting buying all of it. hopefully with the new movie coming out, i'll never make the same mistake again, i'll just buy what i really like and hope to sell the 1st movie ones that don't like on ebay.

13. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I dont regret my movie line purchases, maybe because I limited myself to the on screen charecters so I dont have a bunch of impulse buys staring at me.

But for me my regret was the Animated line. I gave them a chance, purchased a few, but then realized they seemed out of place in my collection. They were to cartoony. So I sold them off on ebay and never considered anything from Animated again.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The Armada figures I'm trying to sell off now. I'm only keeping Starscream in hopes that I might get a decent Starscream Shrine going on my shelf.

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Man, I regret buying so much crap. Some BW, Armada, Energon.... I'm gonna have to start a sales thread and just sell them all off dirt cheap....just to get them out of here..

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yep, tons of toys that I regret buying. Star Wars, Marvel legends, GI Joe, and many Transformers. Mostly just stuff like Armada, Energon, and Cybertron that I don't room for and keep in storage.

17. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah his transformation is good but i just dont like him that much. i prefer the activator mold

18. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BB 3-pack

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Anything from the original '84-'85 line. Brick-tacular

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

For the regret buying part: Movie Barricade, first version. I got this guy right after seeing the movie (He's my fav. Decepticon in the movie), and although he was a bit simplistic (The mini-frenzy sucks so I keep him in the chest and got a free FAB Frenzy as a Stand-in instead) I thought he was cool. Then the Premium version came out and I was kicking myself because by then, my lesser Barricade had almost all of his paint apps scratched up and the Premium had a more movie-accurate Deco. Thanks to reprolabels, though, the paint app thing isn't a problem, and honestly I am not shelling out another $10 for a very similar version of the same toy I already own. (Excusing Classics Seekers, who I own two of and plan for more)

The only figure I've ever once loved and almost regreted buying was Pla-Kit Grand Scourge, although I regretted not buying him up untill I learned he sucks. The custom energon Nemesis Prime I'm making will take that toy's place as a much cooler and more bad-ass figure.