Figures you don't really like, but keep around anyways

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leemaster777, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    So, with collecting, comes the inevitable moment when you buy a toy you don't really care for. But, for some reason, instead of selling it, you keep it around for one reason or another.

Also, this is more about figures you bought AS a collector, not stuff you still have from when you were a kid.

For me, the only reason I still have the Armada Requiem Blaster is because I like the Star Saber and Skyboom Shield, and it'd feel weird not having the full set.

Armada Megatron is literally only still around because I think Armada Prime is great, and like to have a Megatron to every Prime I have.

Beast Wars Scorponok and Rhinox are only around because I have a complete set of characters from the show.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i keep the figures i don't like mainly cause i'm too lazy to sell them :lol  but that DOTM Barricade is starting to motivate me to get rid of him and the others i hate

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    DoTM Barricade rocks, man. Owns movie 1 Barry.

As for me, it's Energon Inferno and Hotshot. They sit on a shelf all alone, yet I still keep them around...

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Armada Galvatron, my parents got it for me around 2005 during a yard sale trip. That's the only reason why I keep it. It annoys me see how "brickish" some post Beast Wars figures are.

5. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    BW Transquito, BW Drill Bit, and Energon Demolishor are all miserable little cretins, but I love them anyway.

You don't like him? I mean, he's hardly a memorable character, and his toy is expensive, but damn, I saw him in person one time recently, and he's one of the best BW toys I've seen (considering that he's a show character).

6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Figures that have not been sold. The problem with buying lots just to get some figures you want.

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i never really sell stuff, but i took apart all of my dotm deluxe cars once i shifted the scale of my collection. sideswipe had survived it until ten minutes ago.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Henkei Dark Skyfire/Jetfire. I hate hate hate HATE that mold, but the only reason why I keep it is the deco.

9. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Eh... I'm just not a fan. As you said, he's not exactly the best character in the show (in fact, I'd say he's probably the least useful, least memorable, and least important to the show. Probably why he was unceramoniously killed off after season 1).

His tail gimmick is pretty much useless, too. The only thing I actually like about him is his Cyber-Bee gimmick... but I'm terrified of actually USING it, since it's so damn fragile. I feel like I'm gonna break it every time I try to put the damn thing back in.

The fact that he was so expensive didn't help matters either. Guess I expected more for my money.

Also, I think you missed the point of the thread. If you love Drill Bit, Demolisher, and Transquito, then obviously you LIKE them. This is about figures you DON'T like, but still keep.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    PRID Airachnid. She's a medicore figure at best but I keep her around because I'm completing the cast from the show as well as having some sort of representation of her.

11. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

My movie bumblebees..have several, but can't decide which to keep between all spark, premium, etc.

12. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Honestly I keep MOST of my classics around due to a sad obsession with cast-completeness and "dudes who go with each other." Like I have no need to own the classics seekers, I have all seven major iGear ones and they're superior in absolutely every conceivable way.. except that the classics ones "go with" Lugnut and Space Case, who I love the shit out of.

Almost everything released before 2010 or so I consider kind of an eyesore, really (With a few exceptions- Mirage comes to mind). The thing that sucks the most is that this encompasses the majority of the main cast.

Special mention goes to Classics Astrotrain. Astrotrain's one of my favorite characters, so it hurts me deeply to have him saddled with such a paltry figure... but it's not like I can get rid of him and be Astrotrainless. That's crazy talk.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Megatron is the main one that jumps to mind that I really don't like, and regret buying it, but just haven't been able to bring myself to sell it yet. Pretty much everything else I don't really like, I'm planning to sell in the near future.

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    For me, I'm pretty sure there has to be more but Overlord comes to mind now. ;) 

I'll rid him one day maybe...

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Stuff I plan on selling when they gain value.

16. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RoTF leader Jetfire. I like the jet mode but not the robot mode at all. I only keep it so Optimus' has a coat but even then i don't love how the combined mode looks.

17. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

She looks so much better on the show compared to the figure

18. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    TFTM07 Wreckage. He was one of my few impulse buys, and while he's not at all a bad figure, I just don't really feel there's a place for him, since he's the only non-cast movie figure I bought. I repainted him head-to-toe years ago and while I'm mostly happy with the result, I can't bring myself to putting a price on him to sell it. I've thought of putting him on eBay and just letting bidders put value on him, but I'd feel terrible if they got it and the paint chipped or something, so he just sits in vehicle mode behind all my Movie figures.

The rest of the toys I don't much care for but keep around are in my sales thread wink wink, nudge nudge.

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That my friend is certainly an understatement.

I'm hoping that later on she'll have a better figure in the future like maybe a Voyager class figure just to have her alt mode more space for transformation.

20. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the Animated stuff and some Beast Wars. I also kept those PVC TFC figures for 10 years and finally sold them a bunch of months ago.