Figures that are a real pain in the @$$ to transform

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, May 2, 2010.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So I'm one of those people that likes to set up all my figures on top of my dresser and make it look like they're having a big battle, and then sometimes pick them up and play with them. (yes even at 21 I still play with them lol) The one I picked up last night was my ROTF Armorhyde figure. Now that thing, atleast to me in one of those figures that once you open it up and transform it, you can never get it exactly the way it was again when it was still in the package. I think another one that really gives me trouble is my original TF Movie Deluxe Swindle, though its not that great of a figure to begin with IMO. Anyone else have any figures that are a real pain in the @$$ to transform?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    MP Skywarp, ROTF Prime, Legends Cybertron Soundwave, ROTF Lockdown (due to a defect on mine), Armada Unicron and that's pretty much it.

3. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Energon Slugslinger. I love fiddling with it, but I can never get the transformation right without the instructions :/

4. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree with you, but I can't even get it back to alt mode WITH the instructions.

5. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

the only PITA for me was rotf mixmaster (the only 1 i got as g1 rotf mixmaster)

6. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TF/Star Wars Crossover Death Star Vader.

7. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I absolutely hated Mixmaster because he's so fiddly! Once I got the G1 deco and played with him more, I absolutely love him! The worst part is getting arms and mixer panels lined up properly.

This guy always pops up in these threads. I transformed mine into Death Star mode once and never transformed him back again!

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Prime he is such a pain. can't see how a kid could have any fun with him as the frustration would destroy it!

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Personally I've hever had a problem, however slight, with transforming ROTF leader Prime.

Leader Brawl however, had me nearly in tears. What is the deal with those spring loaded leg panels??? :mad 

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    RID Sideburn and ALT Wheeljack / Grimlock will show up in this thread.

11. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are some transformation parts from some figures that have been not well thought by engineers. Alternity Cliff/Bumble flipping backpack, ROTF Leader Prime arm panels/hood formation and some others I'm not thinking about right now could lead to frustration but this is because of their flaws and the risk of altering the toys (paint wear, plastic wear, ...), not because of a too complicated transformation IMO. I have to admit that I never found any figure to be too complicated to transform. Transforming ROTF Leader Prime for the first time took me like 15 minutes, now I transform him in like 5. And yes, I do also own MP Megatron and MP Starscream.

I think putting City Commander leg armor parts on Ultra Magnus was the hardest TF thing I ever had to do. But once more, nothing complicated here, just not so well thought engineering (but I still freakin love my CC).

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oddly enough, in the The Transformers: Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide, the documented instructions there depict removing the forearms of Grimlock to transform him. I always thought that was funny. I'll often times challenge myself to transform the Mustang mold without popping the arms off.

I'll generally take my time with MP Megs, simply because I don't want to break him. Aside from that, what're these instructions you all speak of? :lol 

13. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

My Deluxe Desert Brawl gave me some trouble at first, so I can imagine what the leader one must be like <_< lol

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Megatron
    Dinobot Slapper

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oddly enough, I've never transformed either of my deluxe Brawls ('07 movie and ROTF Deep Desert). It's just that when trying to get him back into tank mode, the side panels refuse to line up, and just when you've used every last ounce of your strength to get them to clip into place and you're soaked in a cold sweat, screaming blue bloody murder, the springs casually flip them back out and back into robot leg mode.

I would also like to give an honourable mention to Universe Galvatron, purely for having arms which pop off if an amoeba farts.

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I won't ever transform Ldr Prime and Ldr Brawl- Brawl is so damn poseable cool in bot mode and Prime's just too frickin' hard.
    so, i have a voyager Prime in alt mode, and a deluxe Brawl in alt mode.

The RiD brothers are the worst. if i ever transform them to bot mode again, i will tighten up the ball joints alot so they can stand.
    but it ain't likely to happen, lol.

I posted flyers at my college, looking for someone to transform my Alt. Wheeljack to bot mode, lol. i got him solely for bot mode, but damned if i can tackle him.

17. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Yeah I have that exact same problem too! I got them lined up perfectly once and didn't even know how I did it 0_0

18. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I'd say Masterpiece Megatron and G1 Roadbuster. The latter is the only Transformer I know of that actually breaks when you transform him properly. :p 

19. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I'm surprised nobody mentioned RiD Megatron. That figure was a pain in the ass; especially with the little dragon arms popping off constantly. I can't really think of anymore, unless you count Black Zarak or Spark/Pyro - each of them suffers from gold plastic syndrome.

~Z

20. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Leader Prime, no doubt. Much as I'd like to say I'm okay at transforming him, getting his arm panels to line up and slide under the windshield is aggravating.