Figures of YouTubers besides Tube Heroes?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by The Zingos, Mar 28, 2017.

1. The Zingos

The Zingos Well-Known Member

A few years ago jazwars made figures of famous Youtubes. There's just one problem...the figures look...yeeeeah the figures look pretty bad. They look vaguely like Funko Pop! figures. They are not accurate to the real life people they're suppose to represent.

They can be seen here:
    Tube Heroes Coming Soon

Another complaint I have is they left out A LOT of popular YouTubers. Here's a list of YouTubers who I want figures of...

Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic)
    James Rolfe (The Angry Video Game Nerd)
    Angry Joe
    Noah Antwiler (Spoony)
    Brad Jones 9The Cinema Snob)
    Markiplier
    Philip DeFranco
    Leafyishere
    Ethan Klein (h3h3productions)
    TheMysteriousMrEnter
    Tommy H (the best kaiju-related Youtuber hands down)
    Boogie2988
    AnimatedJames
    DustyKatt

The problem is the only way you can get highly-detailed, highly realistic figures of ANY of these people is to go the custom route. Usually this means mangling a NECA human figure (in my case usually from the Alien or Terminator line). The end result is...less than satisfactory as you can imagine.

Considering that companies such as SH Monsterarts are getting a lot of flak lately for releasing mostly repaints of existing figures, I'm asking anyone with connections to them to please consider doing figures of the Youtubers I mentioned. They would see a huge boon in sales considering the polarity of these people.

NECA too is need dire need of some positive publicity, and considering they're already in the business of making human figures there's no reason they couldn't make figures of Youtubers as well. Although I prefer Monsterarts in terms of quality, I understand NECA would be easier on my wallet. And although I would have no reservations dropping $200 dollars on a figure of any of the Youtubers, I listed, I couldn't feasible buy all of them at retail price. NECA would probably only charge around 20 MSRP. Ideally I would prefer Monsterarts quality but if it means a 150+ difference in price, I will settle for NECA so long as they don't cut corners in the manufacturing process...something they're unfortunately known for.

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with execs of either company and what Youtubers would you personally like to see figures of?

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Drop $200 for a YouTuber figure. :lolol 

This is a terrible idea. No company with any brains would make them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    None.
    There is absolutely nothing that warrants the creation of high end action figures of youtubers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    These look like a low-quality knockoff of mini-mates, which themselves had a bad habit of ending up in bargain bins. And those figures were decked out in highly famous characters. These would, at best, appeal to an EXTREMELY niche audience.

Didn't they do something like this already with Minecraft or Terraria figures or something? I don't feel like they ended up being that popular... No wait, it WAS this line, I think. I think I gave the line more credit than I'm seeing here in my head. So these have been out in one form or another for like... at least a year or two? Yeah, given the 'success' of this brand, it would seem like a tough sell to get a major toy manufacturer to put funding into a high-quality line of detailed, articulated, youtube streamers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    For the figures you don't have, just pretend their channels died. It'll happen to them eventually.

6. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    It was my understanding that the Tube Heroes were supposed to be Minecraft knock offs based on the OCs or avatars of specifically video game youtubers.

7. Snyper

Snyper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This idea is something that has never come to my mind until this thread and will leave my mind a few minutes from now. I cannot imagine ever wanting such a thing.

Exept for a Vangelus figure. I'd buy an Animated Vangelus in an instant.

8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I think it would be interesting to have figures of some channels mascots. I think part of the whole Tube Heroes line was that they were all pretty friendly and have a large younger fanbase. People like Nostalgia Critic and or h3h3 don't have that. Youtube is already having enough shit with their "Youtube Heroes" campaign and trying to force everyone to make clean, family friendly, mandated content. Pretty much most of the people you mentioned with the exception of Markiplier are either a niche only known to us, or the exact opposite of what would be considered by most companies of supported by Youtube themselves.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    why on earth would anybody want toys of people on youtube. I gotta be honest, that is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly dumb. :lol 

I thought I saw it all. :lol 

• Like Like x 1