figured out a way for classics 2.0 / Universe Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Zombie F Body

Zombie F Body Has left the building...

News Credits:
    Voyager class store exclusive 3-packs? Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker in one Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust in the other?

2. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

I love the 3 pack idea but doubt itll happen

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Three words people;
    -New
    -Seeker
    -Mold

That's all there is to it.
    DN

4. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

What if they released Thundercracker and Thrust as repaints of Ramjet and Dirge as a repaint of Starscream? Maybe a limited run at higher-than-normal prices? They'd be obviously inferior to the BotCon figures, thus allowing the BotCon figures to retain their value, but might be "good enough" for the rest of us. Plus, repaints are cheap for hasbro since they don't require new molds. You could even keep the paint patterns the same and just change the colors appropriately.

Alternatively, they could include Starscream and Ramjet in future releases to allow kitbashers to make their own.

5. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:

I like this Soultion. A new deluxe mold that looks like others, but transfroms differently. I'd love for them to a do voyager sized one, but I have my doubt they could get all six out over the course of the line. You know we'd end up being one or two short.

6. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'll stick with my Robot Master Seeker trio, thanks very much. They put the Classic interpretations to shame as far as I'm concerned.

If we get new (and better) jet molds in the future, you just know that we'll only get two out of three at retail, the third as a 2009 Botcon exclusive and we'll be back to square one.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  7. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

I'm willing to bet that there will be a Thundercracker with a different mold than Botcon Thundercracker in Classics 2.0.

8. Mat-Man

Mat-Man Well-Known Member

How about they go the same route as when they put out the "Heroes of Cybertron" 6 pack from OTFCC a few years ago, and they just use a metallic flake plastic/paint to differentiate the mass market ones from the exclusive ones?(Remember, Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker had already been released individually, but in the pack they were redone in metallic colors to make them different enough to warrant buying them again.), or they could alter the paint schemes (move a stripe here, remove one there). This way, the exclusives will still be exclusive, and the rest of us could complete our seeker fleets.*

* = However, if they were to "find" some boxsets and throw them up on the store, I'd rejoin the club and snatch them from there...but I doubt that'll happen. (Late promotions at work FTL)

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What problem? Me and my boxed set are doing pretty well.

10. kidwithnoname

kidwithnoname Active Member

I think if FP were to do a second run of the figures and sell them exclusively on their site (for the same price, if not higher), then that'd be an acceptable solution. That way they're still exclusive to the collector's market, and there's simply more of them out there for an increased number of collectors.

This does screw over people paying the higher rates on Ebay (like myself), but I'd rather that people who desire these figures are able to get them. That said, it'd be nice if there was some way to differentiate between the first run and second run figures. Even something relatively small like an imprint on the figure's feet or something.

The other point is, if these figures were to be put back out there, then most people would only want the three seekers anyway, so keep the likes of Dreadwind, Bugbite, Alpha Trion, Weirdwolf, Springer and Huffer as 'con-only. That still seems fair.

kidwithnoname :) 

EDIT - The thing I really dislike the idea of is putting out new seeker molds. That would truly diminish the "unique" aspect of the current figures, and make a lot of people really annoyed (especially those of us who like to have just one version of any given character in the one line).

11. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. Here's a reasonable solution for Hasbro to get out a Thundercracker or Dirge. Release a Seeker repaint in a two pack with Red Alert, who would be a repaint of Sideswipe, possibly with a lightbar remold (a tiny lightbar can't cost that much as far as remolds go, right?). Of course, I'm sure most reasonable fans would forego the lightbar on Red Alert if it meant getting one more seeker for their beloved classics collections.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    wasazt! zounds! The robot masters! We already got robot masters prime and megatron through a classics 2 pack. we should get the rest over here.
    and retool those into classics coneheads.

13. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Yeah! Me me me , I I I, piss on everybody else! That's why our world is such a hellhole!

14. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

What they should do is release the botcon seekers with different paint apps. More sylized ones like classics starscreams apps vs g1 starscream.

15. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

Yes, because putting up superior paint apps will totally make the people who spent $300 on the "never going to be released in retail" exclusives feel so much better.

I find the value in a dollar and I don't think $300 is a justifyable price on 5 toys where only 3 are fairly desireable. It screws up my having a complete Classics collection, but hey? There's always a chance for a bootleg in the missing color schemes or kitbashing.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm so cheesed off that Classics Thundercracker is an exclusive! If I had known, I would have really gave Classics a miss. I don't care how great the Classic line is but I hate to have a collection that's IMO - "neither here nor there". I can live without the cone heads but Starscream, Thundercracker and Skyway are the original seekers and it was a given that Hasbro would have given us a Classics Cracker.

17. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

ebay.

18. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given how Hasbro loves to repaint some molds over and over and over (while others never get repainted), they should've been able to do Classics Thundercracker as a regular retail release. He could've easily joined Skywarp in the Target pack (taking Magnus' place) or been offered in wave 2 or 3. But maybe if they made him in a different shade of blue (darker, more sparkly) with different paint apps...

Dirge might could happen if Hasbro made new wings for him (plus his own missiles would be nice). Thrust might be a little harder, unless they do another set of wings for him. His jet mode wouldn't allow for too many different paint apps while staying true to his G1 style. I would like a Ramjet in G2 colors at some point tho.

+-MWG-+

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I just wish they had released Thundercracker in stores. That way the Botcon sets would have still had great figures like Thrust and Dirge to attract collectors. It is just a travesty to not release Thundercracker so most people can get him.

By the way I did get the Botcon boxed and loose set so it is not just the people who didn't get them that feel this way.

20. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Add me in to the "complainers and whiners" here. I think that it's pretty messed up that they went the route they did with Thundercracker.

I'm not "going to eBay" because to begin with, the prices on the Botcon sets are too damn much from the start - let alone all the damn scalpers who now want $150 for one now.