figured out a way for classics 2.0 / Universe Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Yeah, I know Archer said no Botcon figures reissued in retail, but I had a thought. Why don't they make seekers based off of the IDW F22 designs (or something similar) so that way, we can get more modern plane versions of Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, and Ramjet. I know they already made Starscream and Skywarp, but this way they can get around the Botcon exclusive issue and we can get a Thundercracker for cheap.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Nice Idea...I'd kind of like it if they made Cyclonus then repaint him into TC, Thrust, and Durge with new heads. It'd be a neat little twist on the seekers.

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Sorry to tell ya this but snowball's chances in hell this will happen

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Don't burst his bubble...we all need pipedreams sometimes.

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    If Hasbro didn't release all 6 seekers at retail the first time through in classics, why do you think they would do it the 2nd time through.

There are characters far more deserving of a FIRST classics toy, rather than rehashing the seekers yet again.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I agree with the Dark Magnus, new molds first, seekers later.

I'd love a Grapple.

I'd also like to see characters like Redalert, Trailbreaker. Maybe a Classics Soundwave. (Not the reissue, a new mold) with cassette buddies. Reflector would also be cool.

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think we'll ever see all six seekers out at once any time soon. Or at least not in such a similar mold. The closest we've come since g1 is getting three in Armada then a Universe repaint for the 4th.

My guess, is that the animated series will have at least 3-4 of the seekers, with at least 2 unique molds for them. But who knows, after the botcon reaction, we may just get all 6 in the cartoon.

8. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

explan this to me they will release the rarer bots but want give us all the seekers who knows

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

This doesn't solve Hasbro's biggest problem, which is that retailers don't want six identical or almost identical molds in a line. If retailers refuse to stock something, you still don't get what you want, Hasbro suffers financially, and they damage their relationship with their retail clients.

Any fan-made solutions to the Seeker issue have to take into account Hasbro's financial obligations, or they're just not realistic.

10. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Or just paint one yourself. Seriously, its EASY.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

A solution to the Classics Seekers problem.

So, we're now apparently in the situation that Classics, currently the only "collector-oriented" line, is going to be continued but the last 3 seekers cannot be made due to their exclusive status. I think this obviously wasn't intended. They thought they were giving us something we wouldn't have gotten normally, since Classics was supposed to be done. It might have been shortsighted on Hasbro's part to have allowed this to happen, but that's neither here nor there.

So, a mistake was made. Where do we go from here? Nothing can or will happen in the short term, but if a couple years down the road Classics is going strong and has reproduced a large portion of the big-name G1 figures, it's going to become increasingly annoying that the remaining seekers are non-producable.

It wasn't their fault but I think, personally, that Fun Publications needs to take some action here, especially given the outcry when these figures were first announced as exclusives. Renouncing the exclusive status probably isn't feasible, and would likely tick off a lot of people who bought the figures plus extras at Botcon.

But I think there's a solution available that can make everyone more or less happy: make a new run of the Classics Seekers, and sell them through the Club Store. They could even solicit nonrefundable preorders so they can make sure that they only make enough to sell and don't get left holding the bag. Pricing would probably be 3/5 of the Games of Deception original price. The remaining two figures from that set would stay exclusive to the Botcon set. The original nonattending package was $329 - that would place this at around $200.

This, I think, is a good compromise for everyone, and would greatly endear the Club to a lot of fans. The benefit to them is that they get whatever profit from the figures, PLUS, everyone who wants a set has to join the club first. This gives them an opportunity to really show those who haven't joined what they've been missing, and with the Classics not showing up until a 2008 (?) date, they'd have time to implement this.

As to those who have bought the set, the only depreciation they'd have is the increased commonness of the figures, which means they'd only miss out on the inflated scalper-prices. They'd still cost a nice amount, and Bugbite and Dreadwind would not be reproduced.

And finally, those who missed out, couldn't scrape together the cash for the Botcon package, or, like me, didn't want to pay that much to complete a dead line could have a chance to own the remaining seekers at something less than the currently going price of $150 each.

I think this works, and I hope that Fun Publications can see that this would both do a service to the community and would benefit them financially.

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    The whole point of having an exclusive is that it is not readily available. If it was, it wouldn't be and exclusive. It would not be fair to the people who got the box set already.

I feel for you man, but you may just have to hope for a week EBAY auction and scoop it up.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah, we as a fandom really need to just take one for the team here. I'm sure there's ways to somehow release Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust, but that really cheapens the ones made for the convention by those who were able to go. I still refuse to pay the god-awful prices for any exclusive no matter how badly I want one. I'm taking the kitbashing route with the sekkers myself.

14. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

I would prefer they just make 3 all-new jet molds with similar robot forms. One 1st gen seeker and one conehead per mold. They can do all different jets this time too, and just ignore this whole mess.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:

:(  I wish I could go the kitbash route.

16. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm done worrying about the seekers! I've finally settled with the fact that Hasbro just won't make it easy to get all 3 seekers anymore. The same thing goes for Optimus Prime having a trailer & a G1 accurate Arcee figure (or any CAR Arcee). They're simply being complete A-holes when it comes to these things. They know that we want these things but they're just being 100% ballbusters about it.

Im planning to buy the new Masterpiece Starscream, MP Skywarp & I'm hoping Takara will release an MP Thundercracker down the line. I'll have my 3 original G1 seekers, my 3 Armada & the 3 MP's & then I'm done with the seekers!

I find myself hoping & wishing more than actually getting when it comes to Hasbro. Wishful thinking at it's worst. So the only solution is to simply stop caring.

17. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Making more of the same exact figures isn't the answer. I think there is a soultion to this that will make those that couldn't get them happy, while not reducing the exclusiveness of the botcon set, but just releasing more of the same figure isn't it.

18. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the idea and second it, but don't hold out any hope that it will happen.

19. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Continued production through the club store is'nt bad really. I think it will work out for die hard collectors easier if there are more games of decepticons sets produced period.

But the seekers are a staple of transformers and we will likely see new molds of them in a few years. Possibly with transformers animated or a future "collectors style" line. Hasbro knows they messed up so while they probably won't want to re produce these toys the'll try and make up for it at least.

20. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I think we'll get like a retool or a new mold for the seekers down the line when some of the other fan favorites come out. While I think my Seekers will miss Thundercracker and company, I rather see brand new characters first.

I want Blaster before new Seeker molds...