Figure stands

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MasterDeath, Sep 30, 2010.

1. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Hi folks, I am looking for some generic figure stands that fit iron man 2 movie figs and marvel universe. The card holder part just gets in the way.

I looked on ebay and found some called protech. They have ones for vintage and ones for modern. I have no idea what the difference is, as I don't collect starwars toys.

Could anyone please advise me? or if you have any other stands links etc that would be great. UK only please, and not too expensive.

This looks a good deal, says vintage:
    50 VINTAGE STAR WAR FIGURE STANDS THE BEST IN THE WEST on eBay (end time 05-Oct-10 12:43:16 BST)

help?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to know too. I really want to find some good stands to display some of my Marvel Figs as if they were flying.

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there might be a slight peg hole size difference between the vintage and modern figures, that's the only reason I can think of why stands specifically for vintage figures would be offered.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    For poseable stands try Bandai's Tamashii Stage stands. Not sure if they would be able to hold figures in place for flying poses though.

5. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

I just need ones with a peg on to hold my figs up. Hasbro make the modern starwars figs don't they? are they simular base molds to the marvel and gi joe movie figures? if so then the choice of stand is obvious.

can someone confirm this for me? try a starwars modern fig on an iron man 2 base for me?

6. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    I'll give it a shot later when I get home & let you know, but as far as I know all 3 3/4" stands hasbro uses are universal across lines.

7. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    K, just tested out the Vintage Packaging Modern Boba Fett on the following stands & they all work:
    Star Wars 2010
    G.I. Joe RoC
    G.I. Joe 25th/PoC
    Iron Man 2
    Marvel Universe(a bit loose on these for some reason, may just be Boba as I have no trouble with others with those though)

8. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Stage stands are great. Not sure what they retail for but in a box I think you get three stands with enough pieces to hold two figures per stand. So you can do fight poses or flight poses.

9. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  10. MasterDeath

MasterDeath Just Insane

Got a set of 10 to try them (modern) and they are great! ordered a pack of 50 for £15 total. :) 

11. GrenadierStinny

GrenadierStinny Deceptidude

I've never been satisfied with any of the stands out there.

Most only have one peg-- which can really limit posing since a lot of action poses require the figure to be braced on the stand by BOTH feet or else he slowly leans over and falls over time.

I used the Pro-Tech ones for years! They were great for all my Joes, SW and Marvel figures-- but again the poses were limited because of the one peg.

I recently bought some new stands I hadn't seen before. It's a black base with FOUR pegs on the one base! I replaced all my old Pro-Tech stand with there on my Marvel figure and they all hold their dynamic poses perfectly! I love these things!

The only drawback is that they are square-- whereas the Pro-Tech ones are round-- so you can't fit your figures as closely together as you can with the Pro-Tech stands. So they eat up just a little more shelf space-- but they're WELL worth it!

I don't know who make these-- or which genius came up with them, but the only place that I know of that carries them is SmallJoes.com

As someone who has collected 3 3/4" figure for 25+ years, I have to say that these are the best stand yet! Highly recommended!!!