Figure negatives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GeroTF, Dec 26, 2008.

1. GeroTF

GeroTF Infiltration Commander

Ebay:
    I'm not quite happy......

Today i bought classics universe 2.0 Sideswipe. I like this figure but one of the arms kept fallin off above the elbow everytime i turned it, plus the other arm was comin right off the wheel/shoulder! I manged to fix this, but it was not the only problem.

Not only that but, even though am not 100% about this, one of his feet are missing!!! I looked everywhere for it where i opened it and first tried to transform it. Im going to keep looking just in case, but the joint for it was right against theinside of the leg, and after checkin the other foot, the joint is very secure. Im rather P****d off about this! Its such a gd lookin figure in both modes, a cool transformation, but hasbro have really annoyed me with this!

Anyone else had any problems like this? Missing parts I mean?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Unfortunately things like that happen from time to time, though two big flaws on the same figure is really rotten luck. Last one I got was Movie Payload, the entire head and upper chest was missing. Your best bet is packing it back up, return it and tell them it was broken out of the box, odds are the replacement wont have either error.

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    My Side Swipe was complete... but his right shoulder was extremely loose first time 'round. Sorry to hear about your troubles with this figure

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

But odds are the new figure will have some other error

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, out of a lack of patience, I went and bought a Sideswipe that had some scratches on his hood. Not that big a deal, I know, but if I had just waited for a new case to get shelved, I would have gotten a better one.

Ah well.

6. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    I picked up my Sideswipe during one of the TRU Half Off sales... I was quite pleasured until I opened him, and discovered his gun was missing. ><

Still, it's not that big of a deal. The gun was kinda piddly, and his fist holes are standard-size, so I just armed him with a spare gun from my bag-o-weapons. Everything else about him was good, which is what prompted me to keep him.

Now if only I could figure out how to mount the Rocket Launcher from his G1 self onto him...

7. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

The first sideswipe I got the left arm was completely broken off. The second one I got was good though.

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    First of all, let me be the first to welcome you to the TFW2005 forums.

Secondly, you'll find a thread with over 200 posts about this exact figure in the Feedback Forum.

Thirdly, I haven't opened mine yet, so I have nothing helpful to offer otherwise.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought about picking up the Universe but went with Henkei instead. No problems with mine. Both shoulders are fine.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Take him back. I found mine at a Garage Sale befor he was released and he is perfect. I was extreamly lucky to run across that.

11. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Take it back to the store. It's a pain in the ass, but it's pretty much the only practical thing to do.

My Silverstreak had a lot of scratches right out of the box. I'm thinking about buying a thing of Mothers Plastic Polish and seeing if that'll fix him up.