Figure King #239 Details - "unifying the world brands on an unprecedented scale"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Dec 25, 2017.

1. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

All main line TakaraTOMY Transformers products are distributed by Hasbro Asia to the rest of Asia except for Japan. I already mentioned earlier in this Thread that TakaraTOMY Transformers products that are distributed by Hasbro Asia even ship in Hasbro shipping boxes. Go to any toy shop that sells TakaraTOMY Transformers products in Asia, and you can sometimes see shop owners unpacking TakaraTOMY Transformers products from Hasbro shipping boxes. Heck, I just went out to purchase the latest wave of TakaraTOMY Transformers Legends toys yesterday, and was choosing them out of Hasbro shipping boxes. Most serious Transformers collectors in Asia would have seen these shipping boxes sometime in their collecting career and know this fact. In fact, for those of you outside of Asia, if you ever had the chance to get 1 of those free Collector's Coin that comes with some toys, you would have noticed that they are labelled Hasbro.

There are some exceptions like very limited Lucky Draw or exclusive toys made for specific shops that Hasbro Asia do not distribute. However, they distribute most TakaraTOMY Transformers products even e-HOBBY and TakaraTOMY Mall exclusives. Heck, I have seen Tokyo Toy show exclusive LG-EX Black Convoy just shelf-warming at retail price.

In fact, Hasbro Asia sometimes do their own TakaraTOMY exclusives for Asia outside of Japan. Just look at this outdated Hasbro Asia website:

Transformersasia.com

Yes, there is slight competition, and it is very stupid because both Hasbro and TakaraTOMY Transformers products cost almost the same in Singapore. However, TakaraTOMY products are mostly limited to specialty toy shops, while most main departmental stores only carry Hasbro products. Hasbro Asia seems like a separate subsidiary company of Hasbro that threads a very thin line between Hasbro and TakaraTOMY.

• Like Like x 8
  2. rendsora

rendsora MMC Publicist VP

The mysterious entity known as Hasbro Asia.

• Like Like x 2
  3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    I tells ya they seem to be doing their own thing. Getting the go ahead/ power to distribute both Takara products as well as do their own Asia exclusives. Very interesting.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rendsora

Yup I did try do a google search on 'em, other than that outdated Transformers Asia site not much info came up. Weird.

• Like Like x 1
  5. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Although...this "unification of the brand" thing might work in Hasbro Asia's favour..hmmm.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat, actually. Even with the black shoulders the rest of the figure looks really damn good. In the end I had the Hasbro one with Wildrider but I ended up giving it away (sans Wildrider) since I already had Fansproject's Menasor and I am still quite satisfied with that one.

7. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ... just out of curiosity where do you buy your Takara stuff in Singapore ? They don’t cost almost the same as Hasbro from what I’ve seen , even with carousell sellers with storefronts besides legend scale figures. Got bargain to share ? :D  Haha

8. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

No need for Lobang, everywhere cost almost the same price. I guess it depends on your perspective too. A Deluxe Class Hasbro Transformers costs $34.99 at retail, while their TakaraTOMY counterpart is about $50 with an extra weapon. Recently, I even saw LG-EX God Ginrai at a retail chain shop for $185 which is even less than the retail price of 2 Leader Class Hasbro Transformers.

Of course, you can counter by stating that there are often 20% discount for Hasbro Transformers at retail, or they cost lower than their TakaraTOMY counterparts when sold at specialty shop.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I wonder if this means Hasbro will stop doing g1 toy decos for Generations, and focus on toon decos?

Toon decos was mainly Takara's thing. If I had to choose between the two I'd prefer toon decos.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. rendsora

So which shops do u go?

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Here in KL, us collectors have afew that we go to:

Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya:
    1. My Toy
    2. 1Toy

Berjaya Times Square, KL:
    IT Toys
    Time Machine

12. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Coolest Avatar on TFW

I think Titans Return Blurr and a $20 bill looks better than Legends Blurr ;P

• Like Like x 1
  13. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    yeah, right..:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to pick up an LG Blurr to go with his Targetmaster. Funny thing is I have a Hasbro one here, and have no desire to see how he looks with it. Its not a bad color scheme the Takara one is just better.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    To be fair, Transformers has never been all that popular in Japan, so yeah, it makes sense.

16. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

When you compare TR Blurr to his LG counterpart, you begin to understand the fandom’s collective panic haha

• Like Like x 4
  17. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Takara Blurr follows his Anime color scheme, vibrant hues of dark and light blue...whereas Hasbro follows his toy scheme. But one solid chunk of blue is rather bland, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  18. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another example:
    CW Blastoff & UW Blastoff
    lolz

• Like Like x 1
  19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

The ones with mismatched fonts, breathtaking decos of creamsicle and spinach, and random yellow spots vomited over a once-majestic rendering of the White House? Or the ones that looked like real money?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Can we at least get some painted car rims, PLEASE!

• Like Like x 3