Figure King # 237: Encore God Fire Convoy,Legends Grand Maximus And Greatshot, RC Sqweeks And More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by lord ginrai, Oct 25, 2017.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God Fire Convoy looks like a really nice figure, but not for that price unfortunately

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    I find it amusing that both this VA and Neil Kaplan look so much alike, albeit Neil looks like an older version...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

So when I saw the very first pictures of Grand Maximus, the teal sections looked black. I just assumed that instead of a lighter teal they went with a really dark green. But in these pictures it still looks black to me.

4. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    I'd been wondering where everyone was getting that there needs to be a 2000 order on Grand Max to be made. I'd seen the 3000 for the shell...but this is the first time I personally saw the 2000 bit.

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    All that is missing now are the car brothers and maybe a trainbots & buildking re-release.
    Really hoping for Combiner Wars compatible car brothers! That would be awesome!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Definitely that in my case. Super Fire Convoy wasn't even on my radar last month, much less for 2018. I just recently watched Wotafa's review of Super Fire Convoy and I'm now set on adding him to my collection.

God Magnus, and God Fire Convoy though, still looks pretty goofy. I doubt combined mode will see any shelf time with me.

7. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    The car brothers can be found on ebay for around $22-25 each shipped.

Korean Build King is $140 shipped on ebay right now...that's probably as much as TT would demand for a reissue.

8. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    Somehow I wound up with Super Fire Convoy years ago. Glad to have them as they have a particularly nicer quality than their Hasbro counterparts, which I also have.....
    I\'d probably want the reissue if I didnt....but that price.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Price is not an issue for me.. it's always space. I NEED MORE SPACE...........!

• Like Like x 1
  10. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    I would buy all of those in a heartbeat! :D 

11. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

So under the TFWiki's listing for encore Fire Convoy, someone has written in the caption, "chrome not included, sadly". I'm frankly astonished that anyone is sad about this. For me, this is the main draw of this release. That and the rubber tires on my originals have turned to mush.

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Miracle Masterpiece

News Credits:
    It’s a joke. Because nobody wanted the blaring chrome on this. All of the images captions on the wiki are jokes.

13. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

As much as I really like both of these molds, I already own both Hasbro's version Omega Prime, & the original Takara god Fire Convoy, and they're both still in great condition. My only problem has been a couple (not all) of my Hasbro RID Optimus' tires splitting at the seams. I just Gorilla-glued them back together & they're fine. This new set looks GREAT, but it's beyond my price-point this time around, and would be somewhat superfluous. BUT, those many newly added voice-clips make it very tempting!

RID Optimus is, to me, an underrated figure deserving of more attention; I only wish that the old toy had actual Neil Kaplan voice-clips. That's my only real complaint about him. RID Ultra Magnus IS a very leggy & somewhat hollow parts-former, but it's necessary for the combination. Besides, he makes for a nice-looking car-carrier! I remember with great fondness, when CarRobots/RID 2000 came out. It seemed to answer my hopes of a renewed G1-like show. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Beast Era very much, but that toyline made me wish for vehicle-based transforming bots with modern articulation.

The Carrobots/RID 2000 toyline largely fulfilled my wish for Neo-G1 figures, with vehicle-modes, chrome parts, transparent windows, modern articulation, G1/G2 mold re-use, new Gestalts, a Fort Max re-issue (well Brave Max) & mode-adaptive lights & sounds. What more could I want!? That was also the time when I took more of an interest in the Internet. The fact that I could order Transformers online from ImageAnime (where I ordered my most of the Carrobots line) or BBTS was an AWESOME discovery!

My only regret is that for some reason, when I once thought to purge my Collection of less desireable figures (mostly Armada, Energon, & Beast Machines), I gave away my RID Megatron & Galvatron! I can live without the white Galvatron, but that beautiful purple Megatron's absence from my Collection now irks me! (I also miss my Beast Machines Ultra Jetstorm, Energon Inferno & my Armada Red Alert-woo-woo. :( )

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Then let us hope that the next Encore-release is Gigatron, and hopefully, he'll be a bit more affordable ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

I know the captions are usually jokes but they can also just be comments with a cavalier tone to them, which is what that one seemed like. I mean I really don't see how it reads as a joke.

16. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I wish I was still a youngling :) 
    2001 was a very bad year for my family. We lost our father in January of that year, and spent the next couple of years recovering emotionally and financially. We wanted to make sure our Mom had the support she needed.
    Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time in my day for television or movies. :oops: 
    I never lost my love of this franchise, but didn't seriously get back into watching and collecting until 2010.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    Oh man.. sorry to hear about what happened back then. Life is certianly more pressing and priorities are more important. But its never too late to get to know the history and just how important / nostalgic Car Robots 2000 or Robots in Disguise was to many of us on tfw2005. Heck, just ask @Tony_Bacala ! This site is practically rooted historcally because of that series!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I plan on tracking down and watching all the series prior to Animated. I already have ordered: Beast Wars, Armada, Energon and Cybertron. I'll try to hunt down Car Robots and the original RiD.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    Jesus, man, my Car Robots/RiD nostalgia hasn't ever really gone down, and this is just making it worse. CR is what got me back to Transformers but I had to rely on the (also fine) American releases for the toys, so the idea of owning this even as an Encore is fucking with me bad. If I'm good over the next few months I can probably afford this...probably...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Miracle Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Just ramen noodle it and you’ll be fine.

• Like Like x 2