Fight Scenes: My only issue with the movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by stromm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. stromm

stromm New Member

I'm really getting tired of the "superzoom" fight scenes. I know they do it because it costs less money, but come on.

I want to see fight scenes where I can see ALL the action. I miss the days where you could see the fighter's whole body, not just the fist or foot or face.

Modern director (and animators cause tons of stuff is CGI now) need to go back and watch Bruce Lee movies. THOSE were some great scenes cause you got to see all of the fighter, not just his fist hitting a face

Other than that issue, I LOVE the movie.

2. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    animators dont get to choose how the camera is to be used, they just use what they got and make it look good

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Seriously, I don't remember those kind of fight scenes. All the scenes seemed to only superzoom for an instant and then zoom back out.

Blackout's scenes didn't have this issue, or BB/Barricade's, or Scorponok's, or Prime/Megs, Starscream or any others.

4. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

The super camera move...have no idea what is going on fight scenes are annoying. I would like to make out some of the action.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Um... Sorry, but no. Closeup shots take longer to render; there is more detail being rendered. So you're actually incorrect; closeups would cost more, since they would take longer.

6. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Cost less money?? Are you kidding? Time is money and it takes even more time to render and generate a shot like that.

Of course a wide angle shot allows you to see more but when they are fighting in the distance, something like that is what takes less time to generate as a CG shot, if you compare it to a close up shot.

The tight shot allows you to see a scene like Bonecrusher or Megatron punching Prime in the face in its full glory in real time.

With a wide angle shot, the same punch doesn't have that "oooomph" factor

Wide angle shots should be reserved for more long range battles such as when Ironhide and Ratchet were shooting at Devastator which is exactly what Bay did. None of the long range battles were tightly shot. They were all given lots of space so that you knew exactly what was going on.

Just like when Starscream transforms and lands on the city street and then Sam ducks for cover and then Starscream starts shooting his arm cannon, it was perfectly shot.

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    the close up shots are done for editorial reasons, not for cost reasons, as stated above.

8. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I really like this because it kind of brought the viewer into the fight. I love the moving camera effect as well.