FFXIII-2? Paradigm Shift (I made up that subtitle, but it would be appropriate eh?)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Counterpunch?, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Mysterious URL Hints At More Final Fantasy XIII

I'm all for this. Despite the hate that floats out there for XIII, I really enjoyed the game and story. It will be interesting (if this pans out) to see who is actually involved from the first game and how the consequences of a new home affects that world.

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Wow. This and 10 get direct sequels but 6 and 9 do not?

heart = sad

But hey, maybe the this will be an improvement. I mean, you really can't do worse than FF13. I'll remain skeptically optimistic, if it's even real.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The only hate I have is that I am stuck on the last boss before the last chapter... No matter what I do, no matter how many videos I watch of the battle, and attempt to mimic it... Come to think of it, I haven't played it since then, which had to be no more than a couple weeks after release.

4. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

^^^

Grinding on Pulse is the only way, lol.

As for this, I wouldn't mind a sequel actually. I was one of the few who actually enjoyed the game for what it was.

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I think I got all the characters to their max, under their specific trees(forgive me, it has been so long I forget what they are called), but not their bonus trees(as all the xp is rediculous numbers). I did a ton of grinding to get all that stuff filled, so...

6. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

If they do make a sequel, I hope it isn't a direct continuation of the story of XIII, as in, I don't want it to cover the Pulse/Cocoon war, or anything directly after the end of XIII. I didn't really enjoy the majority of the characters who were featured in the XIII story aside from Hope, and I'd rather they show us
    how the people of Cocoon adapted to Gran Pulse.

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

While is really cool and all, whatever the hell happened to Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I think FFXIII is one of those games that DOESN'T deserve a sequel. Maybe if it was DLC, then I could see it happening.

For all we know, it's probably in development hell.

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
  10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not against this idea, just against them not finishing all their current projects first. Get versus 13 out first.

11. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Could very well be cancelled given how little we've beeen hearing about it.

12. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I believe the reason you'll never see a sequel to "Final Fantasy VI", "IX", or even "VIII", is because most of those creative teams have disbanded, are on completely new projects, or the creators aren't involved with Square-Enix at this point.

"Final Fantasy IV"'s sequel only happened because of the game's re-release with the original writer returning with the original, uncut script, re-working the stories and the text to be closer to the originally intended story.

13. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I still need to finish the first...

14. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
  15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :banghead: 

16. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
    Are we still trying to hate on XIII?

17. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

I liked the game, even if it was my least favorite Final Fantasy game. I enjoyed the combat and the story for the most part. It was far from perfect, and certainly not on par with earlier FF games, but it was still pretty damn entertaining, and especially good when taken on its own merits and not judged against other FF titles. I'm really not a picky, whiney bitch like a lot of FF fans seem to be, I'm just happy they continue to release games that I enjoy. I'll gladly play the sequel to FFXIII, no matter how many other FF games were more worthy of sequels instead. Bring on the grinding!

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    As I said before, XIII is one of those games that doesn't deserve a sequel.

19. Counterpunch?

Ebay:
    Ignoring everything else concerning how the story ends up being quite rewarding...the sales figures alone speak to how wrong that is.

If the game wasn't good, they could not have gotten into the 6 million copy range in sales. Too many people trade in bad games these days for that to happen.

20. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Bullshit.

Hype, intrigue, anticipation and it being Final Fantasy make it shift those type of numbers. I bought two copies of the game before any reviews were available, and I know plenty of others bought their games early too.

You don't know whether its good or not, until you actually play it and then guess what, it's too late they already have your money.

Add in that Final Fantady 13 is one of most polarising games in the totally beloved franchise leads to infalted buying too. People get intrigued about the mixed responses a game gets and you find people want to purchase to come to their own conclusions as the console J-RPG market is lacking.

I love Final Fantasy. Fucking love it. Yet as a game it was really mediocre. Sequels have been in the works for just as long as the main game.

Sales figures do not depict the quality of a game. Shit games have out sold amazing games before and will continue too.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011