FFT-003: A Full Chested Subject...G1 Soundwave Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Metroplex79, May 13, 2011.

1. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Fun Friday Topic #3
    I tried making this a weekly event on another message board, but after a few, there was little to no interest. Let's see if this message board can do better!!!

(for those who did participated before, I guess you can copy and paste your answers from the other message board :) )

This thread is dedicated to all you Soundwave fans...

What do the cassettes do inside Soundwave when there's no warfare or work to be done? What really goes on inside that amazing chest?
    THIS IS NOT A POLL!!! (but a thread for comedic theories, comment or make fun of my theories)

-they nap, or hypersleep, or meditate, or recharge or power-up Soundwave?

-since they're all in cassette mode, do their minds all merge into some "Keanu-Matrix" like state?

-since Soundwave's chest is like sub-space (because he can fit so many cassettes) is it another world in there? (a la Alice in Wonderland; or for Trekkies/Trekkers think Fluidic Space)

-if physical space is limited in Soundwave's chest, do they all shrink even more to fit?

-(assume it's like another dimension in there, and Soundwave has many Auto-Scouts), do the sentient cassettes pit the Auto-Scouts against each other and bet Energon or quatloos on the winner?

-or is everything we know about Soundwave an illusion? When in fact it's the cassettes who are the real deal, and Soundwave is their "Avatar"? No one really takes the little guys seriously, but once you have a tough "big brother" to back you up, you're a somebody. (for Trekkies/Trekkers think Balok in the TOS ep "The Corbomite Maneuver".

-or is Soundwave similar to the Borg? He "assimilated" smaller Cybertronians to do his bidding. Has any of his cassettes every questioned an order he gave? Hmmm?

-or his mind is so vast that in order keep from going crazy, he has 7 "minions" to hold a piece of his mind.

-or is Soundwave really a mother and the cassettes are her kids? But to serve the Decepticon cause, she changed her voice to sound male. (It wouldn't be the first time in literature a female is unhappy with the status quo and disguised herself to be a male to prove that females can do just as good as males.)

-in their time off, are the cassettes like Jazz? Meaning they're inside listening to music and/or watching whatever Soundwave steals from the airwaves.

THIS IS NOT A POLL!!!

Use...
    -Logic and/or
    -US or UK comics' events and/or
    -Japanese fiction and/or
    -fan-fictioned and/or
    -seriousness and/or
    -hilarity and/or
    -creativity
    .........to answer any or all. Or make up your own theories.

Previous weeks' Fun Friday Topics...
    001: Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime...it's here!!!
    002: Ultra Magnus...it's here!!!

Have fun!!!

Hopefully some creative person(s) would make a music video on YouTube featuring some of the fun theories from this (and upcoming) Fun Friday Topics, or make some of those "Motivational Posters"... :tongue: 

Have a good weekend!!!

See you next Friday.

2. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are probably just dormant, and Soundwave downloads and tactical/mission information before deploying them.

Depending how you look at them, they could be drones remotely connected to Soundwave all the time so he is controlling them as opposed to them being individuals themselves.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Bunk Beds. They dream in bunk beds about battling unicorns.

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just figure they were in like a "standby" mode, like when the playstation is on with the red light, but the power isn't turned off, know what I mean

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Yeah but do they power up Soundwave?

6. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Do they all actually fit in there? Or do they hang out with Optimus Prime's trailer while waiting to be called upon?

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^That would acutally make sense. Almost like a symbiotic relationship. There's obviously some sort of mental connection between them all, as Laserbeak seemed to be able to communicate with him despite being far away, and in "City of Steel", "Soundwave, Rumble and Frenzy are finishing each other's sentences. But now I feel like I am getting this off topic, so ignore what I said

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Soundwave only deployes them only when ordered by Megatron or when he has to? or he can deploy them at any time when he chooses with no missions?

9. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

there is a subspace where all the cassettes of radio/boombox bots hang out. it's pink and filled with my little ponies and cotton candy. allegiances don't matter, and in fact ravage is actually rewind's pet cat, while steeljaw is rumble's larger pet cat. and here, protected from the fandom, rumble shows his true colors... blue

10. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    They sit around playing dungeons and dragons. Ratbat is the DM because he gets called out the least.

11. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

12. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't think they stay in there during down time. I think they stay out and move around and do whatever when around the base. It's when they are about to leave to go to the battle they all load up for transportation. Soundwave just carries them to the battle in his chest. Otherwise, they just go in so they can play back recordings. Kinda like in TF:TM when Laserbeak returns and goes in to play what Prime said about getting Energon. When not "needed", I think they are ejected and doing their own thing. Though they probably don't move far from Soundwave.

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Seems wasteful to have a dozen potential workers not doing anything because they're crammed into some other guy's chest. I subscribe to the notion that they're out kicking around until Soundwave needs a few for a mission, then he just loads up a few for whatever job crops up.

I'll bet Buzzsaw and the red dude feel all kinds've under appreciated.

15. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    No that is because he is the only one to own a respectable business.

16. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

When Rumble's inside, it always sounds like Soundwave is hungry :D 

17. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    +1 confirmed! xD

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    They dream of getting their own rooms.

19. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    The tapes are forced to work in a sweatshop in soundwave's chest, making cheap knockoff toys of themselves. That's why they're so happy to get out.

20. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    You know, you bring up a good point. I am SURE that these TAPE fellers are behind the LTS carded versions of themselves!

^_^