FFT-001: "The Chosen One"...G1 Hot Rod-->Rodimus Prime Question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Metroplex79, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Fun Friday Topic #1
    I tried making this a weekly event on another message board, but after a few, there was little to no interest. Let's see if this message board can do better!!!

(for those who did participate before, I guess you can copy and paste your answers from the other message board :)  )

We all know Hot Rod became Rodimus Prime...FACT!!!
    Common belief is that Hot Rod is the Chosen One...FACT!!!
    The Matrix has a sense of humor...FACT!!!...uhm...nm.

Why is the term "Chosen One" applied to Hot Rod?
    THIS IS NOT A POLL!!!

-Was it the Matrix that chose him to be the one to allow Optimus Prime's death?

-Was it the Matrix that prevented Optimus from killing Megatron when he had the chance, thus allowing Hot Rod to interfere and allow Megatron to deal the lethal blows?

-Was he chosen by the Matrix to follow a path of events that will allow him to bring Optimus Prime back?

-Was Optimus Prime destined to always die a climactic battle, and Hot Rod was chosen by the Matrix to bring Optimus Prime back regardless of who kills him?

-Did the Matrix find Ultra Magnus too "old" and needed someone younger? :lol 

-Was killing Unicron Hot Rod's destined one and only task?

-Was he chosen by the Matrix to not get it on with Arcee? :tongue: 

-Was he chosen by the Matrix to bring peace to the galaxy? Because Optimus would only have focused on Earth?

-Was he chosen by the Matrix because no one else would have been able to cope against Galvatron's craziness?

-Was he chosen by the Matrix to not be Daniel's companion? (Witwicky, not Protoman)

-Was it his eagerness, courage, and willingness to do whatever it takes that got him "chosen"?

-Was it something his direct ancestor did or promised the Matrix to have him "chosen"? (the Rodimus look-a-like in Five Faces of Darkness)

-Was he "chosen" by the Matrix to deal with the Quintessons?

THIS IS NOT A POLL!!!

Use...
    -Logic and/or
    -US or UK comics' events and/or
    -Japanese fiction and/or
    -fan-fictioned and/or
    -seriousness and/or
    -hilarity and/or
    -creativity
    .........to answer.

Have fun!!!

Hopefully some creative person(s) would make a music video on YouTube featuring some of the fun theories from this (and upcoming) Fun Friday Topics, or make some of those "Motivational Posters"... :wink: 

Have a good weekend!!!
    See you next Friday.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Because he was the one The Prophecy referred to as the one who would bring balance to The For--- wait...

I always saw it as the Matrix had him in mind as Prime's successor, with the bright pretty lights the Matrix threw out when he caught it in the movie. Magnus didn't get no bright pretty lights.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No but Takara did release Shining Yellow Ultra Magnus to mark the event. Supposedly the first few moments UM had the Matrix.

Rude Awakening logic: I wanted Ultra Magnus to keep the Matrix. just like Optimus Prime did. Ultra Magnus would have made a great leader had he been given a real chance.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think the Matrix chose Rodimus just to blow up Unicron. Afterwards i'm sure the Matrix didn't want Rodimus to be the bearer anymore.

But this is comming from a fan of Rodimus.