FFIV sequel - coming to North America on the Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by toma, Feb 27, 2009.

1. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

IGN: Final Fantasy IV Sequel Heads to Wii

I remember hearing about this around the time FF4ds came out and I was furious that it was one of those weird Japanese cell phone games, because I knew that I'd never have a chance to play it that way. This made my day because FF4 is my favorite game in the FF series by far. The thought of playing not only a new 16-bit style FF game, but a sequel to one of my favorites of all time is just great in my opinion. Anyone else hyped by this news?

2. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

Pleased to hear although a little disappointed. Awhile back it was announced that it would be released on another platform (other than Mobile) in North America, not in Japan. The company responsible for this sequel is MATRIX, they are also responsible for Final Fantasy IV DS and the promising upcoming Avalon Code for the DS. I was hoping for the 3D DS treatment for the sequel which was penned by the original creator of the story of Final Fantasy IV, although it should still be great. In Japan on Mobile, it was released episodically, so it will be interesting if they do that here. The story is set up that way and seeing as the Strong Bad WiiWare titles have been released that way, I'd say that it is very much a possibility. Personally, I can't wait. It will be only the second WiiWare title that I download, next to Mega Man 9. It will be sweet playing with Cecil and Golbez together on the same side.

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i wouldn't mind it being slightly revamped, maybe like ff origins was as compared to the wonderswan versions of the same games... that's what i see as being most likely in this case.

4. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Too bad.

5. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Why can't they call it Final Fantasy IV-2?

Oh right, X-2 sucked, IMO. :p