FF XII Gilgamesh (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Nov 26, 2006.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    So, I just finsihed the Draklor Labratory, and a new Hunt becomes available from Montblanc. A level VII, "Ancient Man of Mystery," in the Lhusu mines. I say, what the hell, I'm guessing it's near the teleport stone in there, so I save it, teleport in there, and who do I see? Freaking Gilgamesh! It was so awesome how he pulls out swords from other FF games, Like Cloud's Buster Sword, Squall's gunblade, Tidus's water sword.

It sucks, though, because I beat him, and he runs away! I follow him. Now, my main party is mid 40's in level, and what do I run into? All level 60+ enemies. I just keep running til I hit a save point. Now I found Gilgamesh, but he's way too strong for me right now.

One question, the sword that he has with the sun on it, which FF game is that from. I think it was the only one I didn't recognize.

Awesome homage to the franchise. Can't wait to beat him!

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The swords were FFX, FFVIII, FVII, and I believe FFII and FFIII. Could be wrong though.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I also found a cool easter egg relating to Vagrant Story.

When you reach Old Archades, there is a group of people sitting down, grouped around a guy you can talk to. He says he is telling them a story or something, and then he tells you: "Show a little respect....for faerie tales." This was a direct quote from Sydney in Vagrant Story's intro. I thought it was kinda neat. There are also references in the game to the continent of Valendia, which is where Vagrant Story takes place.

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

About Gilgamesh: I actually just fought him myself last night, and I was amazed. The new version of the FFV fight with him on the bridge blew my mind.

About his swords, I thought that the second one he pulled out looks like the sword the chick from the FF XIII trailers had. And the sun sword he takes out if based on the FFV Excalibur, only with a sun isntead of a moon.

Gilgamesh also kicked my ass hard the second time I fought him.

And about Vagrant Story, the continent VS took place in in actually the continent to the North of where FFXII takes place. FFT is to the west.

5. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

Steal from Gilgamesh, alot. Every 20% or 25% or something you can steal something new and it's the only way to get the entire Genji armor set.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

The sun sword is the Sword of Loto/Edrick, from Dragon Quest fame.