Few pics of Autobot-themed Dodge Charger, 1:1 scale

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by toxico, Jan 18, 2011.

1. toxico

toxico Member

Wasn't really sure how to classify this or even where to put the pictures really, so if this thread needs to get moved elsewhere I understand.

Until recently I owned a TF-themed 2007 Silver Metallic Dodge Charger that a buddy of mine tipped me off was mentioned on these forums as having been spotted last year.

Sadly, I had to let the car go in August (and pretty much my entire TF collection) due to a divorce. Here are pictures from when it got traded and descriptions of work done for sake of completion. Not all the pics are TF-themed so skip 'em if you aren't interested:

[​IMG]

Flat black grill with old Charger emblem, replaced Ram's head with aluminum Autobot logo from Billet Technology.

[​IMG]

Custom stripes, lowered on Mopar Stage 1 springs (1" drop). 255/55/18 tires, far wider than stock and fill the wheel well nicely. 18" Charger Daytona wheels (black pockets fit the theme better and I hate big rims). Front chin spoiler is by Danko Reproductions.

[​IMG]

2008 factory HID housing retrofit, added the sticker while I had them ripped apart to fix a moisture leak.

[​IMG]

License plate, before the trunk work.

[​IMG]

This got noticed the most, of course: Painted/tinted tail lights, trunk lid with lock shaved, painted satin black with 5" custom-machined aluminum Autobot logo from Billet Technology. Also added that diffuser between the exhaust tips (doesn't really look right in this picture).

On to the inside!

[​IMG]

Added this Ipod interface in the ashtray because I don't smoke in my cars (never mind the cigarettes...).

[​IMG]

Replaced stock passenger air vent with one from a Daytona, which has a pocket for a dash tag. Had Billet Technology make the one you see here.

[​IMG]

Replaced Ram's head on the steering wheel with this domed adhesive one (shipped from Greece!). I had originally ordered labels from ReproLabels but they ended up not being right for the application.

There you have it. I had plans to have silver Autobot insignia stitched into each front seat but I never got to that point.

In closing, here's a minor mod to one of two figures I held onto :p  (my daughter came up with it):

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
  2. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    Aaah, a Hello Kitty Unicron! Run for the hills! :lol 

Nice work on the car. Too bad you had to give it away. :eek: 

3. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    I have a 07 Charger now....I'm very jealous of this one! Sucks you had to part with it!

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Did you personally make these modifications or was this car originally sent to a custom auto body shop?

5. toxico

toxico Member

Did them mostly myself, a bit at a time. The trunk and stripes were done professionally; otherwise, I at least installed everything personally.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This being the case, I think it's safe to have this thread in Customs here! Your work looks really sharp :thumb 

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's beautiful..and I don't usually like Dodges :D  I would be happy to drive this one around.
    Like the Hello Kitty Unicron too!! :thumb 

8. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

9. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    sorry for your loss :(  hope the kids don't have to much problems with the whole thing....

keep your chin up and I have deeply respect for your optimism in the post!!!

10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

That is so badass. I wish someone made stuff like that for my Mazda, heh heh.

11. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:

12. toxico

toxico Member

I actually started to put it here, but wasn't quite sure how to classify it, lol.

The blue orb is the control knob for the harmon/kardon Drive+Play iPod interface (the screen in the ashtray). The cool thing is the Drive+Play kits are only like $20-30 on Ebay. Was a ton of fun to install. I had a guy who was going to take a stab at changing its boot-up logo to an Autobot insignia but it never happened.

Thanks for the compliments, all! Uh, and that iPod interface worked without issue for three years...