Ferrari and Einstein hanging on a cliff, Where are the names?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    We now know most of the names for most of the new robots for Transformers 3.

Topspin
    Roadbuster
    Leadfoot
    Sentinel Prime
    Silverbolt
    Crankcase
    Shockwave

And I pointing out that these names might be important roles the the movie. But we have not heard from the Ferrari or The Einstein bot. We know all names except them. What is the hold up? I'm even thinking they don't have important roles in the movie, and I starting to doubt there wil be toysfor those 2.

What do you think is the hold up. Will we ever hear if they are Rodimus/Hot Rod or Wheeljack?(I'm not saying those are there offical names)

2. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    I dont mean to sound negative but its unlikely we'll actually be hearing any of their names IN the movie....this kinda happened before ROTF came out, everyone was so hyped wondering about the significance of character names and the types of personalities those characters would posses, and then when the movie finally released most of those characters recieved 1-2 lines or were left un named. (sideways, constructicons etc..)

If they ferrari does feature prominantly in the film Im hoping he'd be Cliffjumper personally..

3. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    There was a toy I seen for the Ferrari. It wasnt painted but I do remember seeing it some place. Cant find it at the moment but ill check some more tomorrow if no one pulls it up.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering we've seen signficant amounts of footage with the Ferrari, and a fair bit of footage with the Mercedes, there's no reason we wouldn't be seeing these two in toy forms.

From what we've seen, the Ferrari has been seen pretty much everywhere Bumblebee/Sideswipe have. TF movie toylines last over a year, why are so many people thinking we won't be seeing these characters as toys?! We get toys of characters that don't even appear in the film, and you think that these guys will be missed? Yes, we missed out on getting all the Constructicons, but Hasbro explained the reasoning behind this.

The Mercedes has been hinted at being Wheeljack, while the Ferrari has Cliffjumper/Rodimus as the two leading names being mentioned, but to my knowledge these have been dispelled. Rodimus has been discredited by quite a few inside sources, and Cliffjumpers name popped up due to Prime, in which he was a hi-then-die character.

5. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Considering how nice the Ferrari is, we'll at least get a lot of vehicle mode shots, and maybe one scene saying "hey, this guy's a badass", like Sideswipe had. Bay has talked about the both of them, though. Something along the lines of "the Ferrari is italian" and the mercedes "invents sh-t and stuff", so they'll get at least second tier roles I'm assuming. Meanwhile the wreckers and ironhide and ratchet will just get a cool fight scene. Sentinel, Optimus and Bumblebee will get the center of attention

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The hold up? It's too early in the year, give it another month and 1/2, then things will really start to steam up.

7. Pazz

Pazz Member

There is still a good four months until the film is released. Should know before then.

8. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll find out from the toys, that's how we usually find out about everyone who isn't the center of attention for the whole film. Bay doesn't seem to remember or know the names of a lot of the Transformers, especially in DotM, instead giving them nicknames that kind of relate to their role.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

No toys of minor characters in the movie line? Jeez, we got STRATOSPHERE in like, the first wave of the ROTF line, and he wasn't really even a character to begin with!

The movie line is simply too lucrative for Hasbro to not pass up the chance to make a TF out of any vehicle in the movie. Such was the case for movie Landmine, who was based on Sector 7 buggy #52, and the aforementioned Stratosphere who was based on Prime's entrance scene from ROTF.

We probably haven't heard about their names yet because Bay's actually been doing a better job of keeping movie information secret. While the security guard's claim the firetruck was SP was correct, it wasn't until toyfair that any hard evidence supporting the claim surfaced.

Let's not forget the first movie Devestator, either.

10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm hoping the Mercedes is Wheeljack, being a guy who invents shit and stuff, like Bay said. As for the Ferrari, I know the rumors are saying either Rodimus or Cliffjumper, but, what if they went a route none of us expected and named him Mirage?

11. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like your thinking ;)  Apparently people on here are saying that "insiders" working on the film have been saying its neither of those names. I would be happy to know it was Mirage then since he barely got that much love in recent years. But I also had my theory it was Sunstreaker back when they announced the Ferrari was in this but we hadn't seen it on set, leaving its color up for speculation.

12. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out there...

Ferrari = Blurr

Anyone know any fast talking Italians?

13. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I think Bay and Hasbro have just been much better at keeping things tighter this time around.

14. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Hmm... It's possible. Color means absolutely nothing. Compare movie and G1 Ironhide, Sideswipe, Starscream, Ratchet, and many others.

16. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    This 2 bots will probably be top tier character from the Autobot roster.

Aside from the wonder twins and jolt whose were a last minute marketing character, most of the Autobot have been famous tier 1 characters: OP, Bee, Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe and Arcee.

It’s easier to marketing this character than the lesser known ones, plus they usually have toys from other lines and media to promote. Of course the Decepticons ignore these rules since they need lesser known bots for canon fodders.

The Benz that creates shit has to be Wheeljack. Not sure about the Ferrari though since they have been no hard rumor or speculation but I’m personally betting it’s either Cliff, Roddy or Blurr.

17. Rodimus 75

Rodimus 75 Well-Known Member

The Mercedes has been hinted at being Wheeljack, while the Ferrari has Cliffjumper/Rodimus as the two leading names being mentioned, but to my knowledge these have been dispelled. Rodimus has been discredited by quite a few inside sources, and Cliffjumpers name popped up due to Prime, in which he was a hi-then-die character.[/QUOTE]

when was rodimus discredited? i never saw or heard this, or any other name discredited.

18. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I've never heard Rodimus credited or discredited. It's only fan speculation.

19. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where did you get Silverbolt from!!!

[​IMG]

Enough with the silverbolt

20. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Good call!