Feral Rex Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Zappit, Feb 19, 2017.

1. draconious380

draconious380 Well-Known Member

Don't personally have the problems with the loincloth/crotch plate, stays pegged in just fine so long as you don't pick him up solely by the crotch. My legs have loosened up over time so they require a bit of finesse to get to stay locked at a specific height but the connectors are stable (and I could probably fix that if not for the laziness). The only other problem with my Rex is that on low friction surfaces (glass) he had trouble but Felisaber and his free friction pads took care of that.

2. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I just got Leo Dux, Talon, and Tigris. They're amazing - Leo Dux in particular. But the combiner hands don't come with the arm parts? That's weird.

3. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

No they come with the legs, they attach to the feet to form part of the back cannons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    finally home and got to mess around with neoarts nero felisaber and man he feels good, can't wait til the faces and cynnicus shows up to really mess around with this group

5. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Got the rest of the set and WOW. I haven't combined the team yet, but they are really nice individual figures. Felisaber has one slightly loose arm joint, but overall, this is one of the most satisfying collections I've ever bought.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Well-Known Member

Good choice man. I'm still enamoured with my set, and I started back in 2013...

I have only combined them four times since completing the set, as I truly believe all of the personality comes through from the individual bots, and I'm wary of leaving heavy teams like this combined over long periods of time.

What paint they do have does the job perfectly in my view (Talon's wings in particular), but I'm more a fan of parts being molded in the intended colours anyway, as there is less chance of chipping/flaking.

My favourite 3P items...I can't say it enough hahah.

7. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I got the five TFC Predacons (Ares) for Christmas and have been playing with them (transforming, posing, arming with various weapons) and I LOVE them. Just this weekend I finally combined them into Predaking for the first time. He's so huge and cool! However, Feral Rex's sword is waaaayyyy cooler than Ares' sword.. Ares' is big, but not very exciting. Its five component blades are okay, too, I guess, but I don't like that there's no way to stow them on the beast modes.

I actually bought CombsToys' W-01 "Bastard" sword (a replica of Feral Rex's sword) as an upgrade. The combined sword looks great with Predaking, but I was dismayed to find that the individual blades don't work well with the TFC Predacons -- the handles are a bit wider than standard 5mm, and/or have protrusions that prevent them from fitting in the Preds' closed-fist hands. Most of the blades can be mounted somewhere on the beast-forms, but again, the pegs are not always exactly 5mm. Frustrating! Anyone tried to make this cross-company pairing work?

[​IMG]

The guns/cannons that MMC's Feral Rex crew came with are much cooler that what TFC's guys came with too. A shame, but not a huge issue.