Fembots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFfanmaiku, Nov 21, 2011.

1. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

Do you guys think that we need more fembots in toy from? I say yes cause I feel we don't see alot of these character like we should and its a compelete shame.

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes but usually with kids around 5-8 it seems that fembots don't sell very well according to seeing Movie 1 Arcee pegwarming back in 2007 and the DOTM figure is pegwarming alot as well. Maybe for Classics we can have some fembots?

3. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

hopefully, but I want to see more fembots besides arcee.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely. Here's a list of the fembots I'd like to see:
    Classics:
    -Arcee (with a G1 accurate car mode)
    -Elita-1 (would turn into a futuristic car/truck thing)
    -Chromia (remold of Arcee)
    -Slipstream (would look kind of like her WFC design)
    -Blackarachnia (would be styled and colored like her Transmetal II design)
    Movie:
    -Arcee (would turn into some sort of sports car)
    -Blackarachnia (remold of Arcee with a new head)

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    This is why we can't have non-expensive things!

This is why we have 3rd party.

6. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A well done Slipstream would be sweet.

7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Considering those two versions of Arcee didn't appear in their respective movies, (not that Arcee had much screen time in ROTF, or even did all that much) that's kind of unfair towards fembots to say they don't sell very well.

Now, if Prime Arcee were to shelfwarm close to the level of say, Tuner Mudflap, (or both flavors of DOTM Deluxe Optimus) then that might mean something.:lol 

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want Perfect Effect to do some retools and redecos of their Arcee mold and I'll be happy.

9. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This is why I'm glad that we have two strong female main characters in TF Prime; their toys may hopefully open the doors for more fembots besides Arcee to get produced across multiple toylines. For the most part, fembots have been second-string (or lower) as far as the series go, with Beast Wars being the main exception. (I can't speak for the Unicron trilogy, since I haven't seen it, but from what I've gathered, even if the fembots got a lot of screen time, the series suffered from Loads and Loads of Characters, so...)

I would love a set of Elita's team from the G1 episode, 'Search for Alpha Trion,' even if it's the core four. I wouldn't mind Greenlight or Lancer, but that would be gravy.

And I will lobby for Vibes from the Dreamwave comics until I'm blue in the face.

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

im down. im hoping perfect effect does a whole team of remold/variations on their coming arcee mold. ill buy 4. :) 

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes please.

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like a female Prime. Of couse, I'm always glad to see any Prime that's not Optimus.

I'd love a Crasher repaint of Robotmasters Mirage or Drag Strip whose female in Animated. Maybe a 2 pack.

13. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

I do want more bots than Arcee, even though Im a fan of hers. I want a movie style Glyph or an updated form away from her Bumblebee roots.

14. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Well there is Solus Prime...it's just a matter of Hasbro making a toy of her along with the rest of the Thirteen.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I most certainly do like more fembot toys!:D  I mean since we already have TFP Arcee and Airachnid becoming extreamly popular with both male and female fans I think now's a good time to do so! TFP Arcee's toys are being sold out often so that's a good sign! If Hasbro's push towards having more female fans works out we may have many toys of fembots that hasn't had a new toy in ages or never recieved one before in her life!:thumb 

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Sure, more fembot toys the better. Two reasons, mainly:

A) if they're anything like the character TFP Arcee is, then I'll be one happy collector. She's about the first character I've actually liked in a Transformers show. Everyone else has cool alt modes or whatever, but she's the only one who's been...well, interesting. The fact plots with her don't always go the same direction (I'm looking at you, RID Bullet Train team...your episodes always end in Rail Racer beating the living crap out of everyone) makes me want to watch the show a bit more (well, it's better than seeing Mr. I-Never-Die Optimus beat ridiculous odds again and again). Also, "scrap" is a great replacement as an expletive. That, and, you can't argue with a robot who actually manages to stay in proportion to everyone else (I'm aware they all mass shift somewhat, but at least being a motorbike, she actually does end up smaller than Bee in robot mode, who's a car, unlike Energon Arcee who manages to be the same size as Strongarm).

B) fembot molds are a godsend for me as a kitbasher. It's often hard to find room to build off a male robot, as most of the room inside the alt mode has already been filled up with larger limbs and often ridiculous weaponry (Animated Arcee notwithstanding). A Fembot's more lithe frame makes a much better base to start from, as there's way more room to build up Armor with styrene, or tweak the alt mode until you get something that...remotely looks like a vehicle. Plus, there are so many alt modes that just don't work for male robots on account of the necessity of proportion. Tarantulas is the only male spider transformer and I got to say, my toy is very bulky, and not very creepy. Looks like a stuffed spider toy that's been hardened. Animated Blackarachnia does a far better job of pulling off the spider look, not because of the time gap, but because she doesn't require such a bulky torso, so her spider can end up looking a lot more angled and a lot scarier. Same goes for any alt mode that requires thinner parts to work, which is probably why the Energon Arcee transformation worked much better as Arcee than it did as Crossovers Spiderman. Not only are these molds great for Kitbashing, but also they open up many alt modes that otherwise just look awful in one mode another because someone at Hasbro sees fit to have very distinct proportions for each gender and thus tries to force alt modes to work with a proportion set that it really shouldn't. Of course, credit goes to whoever designed Strika, for being the one exception to the rule.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I would like to see a Minerva figure that's not a headmaster toy! As well as having a Glyph figure that's not a Bumblebee repaint be made too! If Cliffjumper can get away from being a non Bumblebee repaint in TFP than Glyph can have the same treatment too!:thumb 

18. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

At the very least, she deserves a new head. I can see her sharing the same kind of body (as far as G1 goes), since she gives off the 'Velma from Scooby Doo' vibe. :D 

19. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as Transformers is a toyline marketed at boys then female characters will remain at a far lower number than the male ones.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I would love for there to be mass-market Female Transformer figures.

I, however, am a 28-year-old who enjoys vagina. I can't say I shared that sentiment when I was 7. I wanted nothing to do with girls, in person or toy form.