Fembots!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DaveWire, Jan 22, 2018.

1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Well, no pics...yet...but...I currently have...

T/L Elita One
    GEN Chromia
    TR Nautica
    GEN Arcee
    CST CW Greenlight (a repurposed CW G2 Brawl...until I can paint & add the custom head I have for her)
    CST CW Lancer (a repurposed CW G2 Swindle...until I can paint & add the custom head I have for her)
    GEN Windblade
    T/L Flare-up
    TFP NYCC Arcee as Ariel
    RID Strongarm
    CW Pyra Magna
    CW Dustup
    CW Jumpstream
    CW Rust Dust
    CW Skyburst
    CW Stormclash
    POTP Slash
    T/L Lifeline & Quickslinger
    T/L Nightracer
    T/L Flamewar
    TFTM Fracture as Renegade Crasher
    LG Blackarachnia
    LG Slipstream
    LG Nightbird

...looking to add...POTP Moonracer & POTP Novastar obviously...and...POTP Elita-One...hoping for GEN style Airachnid...customs &or repurposings will likely have to fill in blanks for others I want...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still consider whatever to get the Megatronia set sometime. There's other priorities ahead of them and I already own the Torchbearers, but as controversial as those Legends pack-in Mangas can be, at least they give those 5 enough personality so I wouldn't feel like I'm just buying a more expensive 2nd Victorion.

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Just got T30 Arcee, Chromia and Windblade in from BBTS. Even the packaging feels nice (these are my first and only T30 figs). They look great.

• Like Like x 4
  4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    iGear's MGT-01 Delicate Warrior would be your best 3P Arcee and another viable option, it was one of my first 3P purchases, and until Takara released their Legends version that was my go to G1 Arcee for my Classics collection (she lives with G1 toys now).

5. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    Generations Arcee is a real joy.

20180205_154121.jpg
    Before Reprolabels

20180205_154334.jpg
    After Reprolabels

• Like Like x 3
  6. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this thread. But y'all are all rank armatures. :p  I don't have my shelves set up to take pics, but my collection essentially consists of, "If it is a girl, I have it." It's easier to list the ones I'm missing, like G1 Minerva, GF Wonderfest Chromian Botcon Nightracer and Antagony. There are few few *minor* ones I am missing, like TAV Windblade, but I have *counts* 4 version of her already? So It's no great concern to me.

Do Y'all genderswap non-character toys into femmebots as well? I do that a lot. (I think I may have shared this before) Top 5 Fight! Super (Gender Swapping) Robots Lifeform Transformers!

On a related note, anyone know what happened to It's A Femebot Thang on facebook? Their page went bye bye.

7. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Hm..

News Credits:
    Sometimes. I like to think of Titans Return Quake as female because the face looks kinda feminine.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

I have done something like that in the past. Titans Return Quake really resembles someone I know, going by their face and from a certain perspective somewhat resembles a bulky, robotic lady. So Quake got a gender swap. I also considered doing something like that with RID Soundwave. Generally, I don't mind some variety in my lady bots and that sometimes means things that seem off kilter. I even am heavily considering a male base for a female bot custom.

9. Latooni

Latooni "HIDOI YO!!!"

I think my ladies include the Megatronia team, TR Windblade, BW Airazor(Normal and Transmetal), BW Blackarachnia(Normal, Transmetal 2, and the LG retool of Animated BA), and BW Sonar. Would BW Tigerhawk half-count? ^_^'

You bet! I use Jet!Blast Off as the combaticon newbie and I've headcanon'd her into a separate, female character from the shuttle man. Ditto for the Legends-scale figure of Groove(chest plate), though with Rust Dust from the Victorion set being female and identical in mold, I suppose that one isn't so farfetched.

Offroad would fit the bill quite well, given his slender, almost delicate build, and his face isn't exactly masculine. And I agree with a few others that Quake could work as well. His face appears quite soft and feminine. Prime Wars sure did give us some lookers in the Decepticon ranks! XD

10. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've kind of got an unceasing love affair with the prid Arcee mold.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    :lol 

12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

I should clarify that it's the face where the resemblance is. It's the nose and shape of the cheeks and eyes. No helmets or odd proportions. I mean, with humanoid faces on robots, one face is bound to resemble a real one eventually. It is kind of funny, I guess, that I know someone whom a toy resembles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    As
    long as
    the resemblance stops there it stays funny :p 

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Looking at building a Female Autobot team. I had no idea that titans return nautica was a Female Autobot. I've posted a Want thread for one. If anyone has one for sale, let me know. But please read my thread for my detail. If you are not comfortable then I won't ask you.

15. elburrito

elburrito Cpt. Marvelous

I think "female-styled" robots look cool and have a lot of potential for the fiction. The current fiction incorporates a lot of human elements into the transformers and I am not so much a fan of that. Plenty of human-type drama here on Earth. I would like to see transformers fiction writers get a little more creative with this idea instead of just making transformer-girls.

An exception was Transformers Prime. I really liked the war-hardened, conflicted, boot-kicking warrior approach in TFP. Currently, I only collect MPs (and the odd Animated). I have Road Rage and would really like to see them do an MP Arcee. Two actually, Pink & White for the G1 style Arcee and Blue and Pink for the PRIME style 2-wheeler. Also, Animated Arcee is a cool toy as is Black Arachnia/Elita 1.

IDW MTMTE gave only the barest amount of personality to Nautica and Velocity. I think both have the potential to be cool characters and both lend to the potential for cool toys as well .

Finally, Nightbird. I require an MP-scale Nightbird that turns into something novel. Fondly recall the "Enter the Nightbird" episode from the '80s and think there is great potential for fiction and toy value.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  16. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    DSC01541 (Large).JPG DSC01542 (Large).JPG DSC01544 (Large).JPG DSC01546 (Large).JPG DSC01547 (Large).JPG DSC01550 (Large).JPG DSC01559 (Large).JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  17. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

I'm still in love with my Legends Arcee. Also Chromia.

I don't know why female TFs are such a rarity, seems like an obvious appeal to me.

• Like Like x 3
  18. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Kpop and Sprite

Well, TF is a mostly a boys toyline for most of its lifetime. And some people thinking TFs should be genderless. Though it does seem recently there are more female characters being added into the assorted media.

Though how they're received and are treated in those media are a different matter.

19. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

I've never really understood that "it's for boys so no girls allowed" logic personally (which seems to have been the thinking during the G1 series for the most part). Lots of other properties aimed at young boys had prominent female characters, although admittedly usually low in proportion to the number of male characters. TF did eventually get Arcee, but apparently only after one of the designers for the film fought tooth and nail to get a female character included.

Personally I grew up liking the female characters in boys' shows at least as much as the male. They look different and liven up a toy collection for one thing.

Shrug. Just my personal axe to grind there.

• Like Like x 3
  20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

5 pages in, and not a single Lifeline/Paradron Medic. I'm going to have to bite the bullet on that one just because she needs represented.