Heavy/Scratch: Fembot Heads and Accessories (Shapeways...maybe)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Quaternion, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Quaternion

Quaternion Gimbal Lock Resistant

No problem. Make sure to post pics when you make the custom!

2. Silverscar

Silverscar Eternal Non-starting Customiser

England. No, I'm not Cogman, stop asking that.
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, I've sunk £30+ into Shapeways now in the hopes of making a cracking version of Thunderblast, so I really hope this works out!

3. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Hi, Quaternion! I just saw your IDW Strika for Motormaster head and thought it would be perfect for a custom I'm planning on doing. I just compared the ball joint on the figure I'm using against CW Motormaster and it won't fit your head. It looks like MM's is 4 mm and this one is 5. Would you consider making a version for a 5 mm ball joint? I'm attaching a picture of my base figure. It's like this was made to be a Strika!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quaternion

I updated several of my G1 heads to work for POTP Moonracer. I got quite a few requests for this. Also, I made the eyes bigger and the nose smaller, as was suggested numerous posts back.
    moonracerheads.png
    Lancer Head for POTP Moonracer by AutobotQuaternion on Shapeways
    Greenlight Head for POTP Moonracer by AutobotQuaternion on Shapeways
    Chromia head for POTP Moonracer by AutobotQuaternion on Shapeways

Yes that would make a nice Strika! but I don't have that figure. As a general rule, I don't make heads for figures I don't have. I do a lot of test prints to ensure quality, fit, sizing, etc. and that requires me to have the figure in hand.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Bummer. Well, I'll either watch for it to be available for something with a 5 mm ball or just get the 4 mm model and dremel that out a bit. That idea just makes me nervous. Thanks, though!

6. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Member

Thank you! I was going to ask if this would be possible as I intend to try my hand at converting some Moonracers into the rest of Elita's team (or at least two others) as I really like her mold, and to give her a proper Combiner team as Hasbro don't look to be going to do it :( 

7. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That sounds like a really good idea. I see Moonracer is a fairly cost-effective figure too. Although based on IDW, Greenlight is a tank (I think? She has tracks on her legs), Lancer is a helicopter and Chromia is a bike.

8. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Member

I have considered maybe doing some conversions of other more appropriate ones, like there's at least two-three Bikes from CW/PotP which can become limbs that I know of which I guess could be converted to be Chromia though I think they're very different sorts of bikes. For now I just want to start with something simple like a repaint and head-swap... and I just really like Moonracer's mold :D 

I've also found PotP .Jazz's head actually looks pretty cool on Moonracer and is fairly androgynous looking so I'm also tempted to make my own female Autobot ^^

9. Quaternion

• Like Like x 2
  10. Silverscar

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  11. Quaternion

Thanks! I am excited to see your custom when it's done. Make sure to post pics

12. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Member

So I'm now leaning towards doing the IDW versions of the team afterall :p  (Well, except Moonracer and Novastar) and I now have a CW Alpha Bravo and Unite Warriors Afterburn ordered, I'm hoping to convert Afterburn into a Chromia, albeit it a bit.. beefier than her comic self, though I do wonder about seeing if I can add some chest shaping around the sides of combiner joint.
    However I'm not trying to hijack your thread, my question is do you know if any of your Chromia heads will fit on Afterburn? Thanks!

13. Quaternion

Not sure. I'll check.

14. Quaternion

Yes the one for CW Breakdown (G1 Chromia Head for CW Breakdown by AutobotQuaternion on Shapeways) fits, but the ball joint might be a tad loose. I suspect some superglue or your ball joint tightener of choice would tighten it up enough but I haven't tried it.

I was thinking the other day it seems like there should be some way to take a combiner wars combiner joint and create some kind of adapter for Generations Chromia. I have yet to try and remove a combiner joint though.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Hmm, for Chromia one might try swapping parts with a spare Moonracer. If they’re similar enough for those parts to be interchangeable anyway. Might pick up an extra to try it out.

16. Quaternion

Yes, I really hope this will be doable for the Siege:WFC one. but I was thinking if you wanted an IDW chromia light bike, there might be a way to fashion some adapter for the Generations version or thrilling 30 or whatever it was called (the one that is a remold of Prime Arcee).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Member

Thank you, good to know :) 

And that is an intriguing idea RE Generations Chromia. ^^ I do wonder if it might be possible to make some kind of hinged chestplate for combiners who's joint is in their front chest to add some fembot detailing which could fold out the way when in limb mode... but not sure how well that would work or how easy it is to make jointed stuff like that with 3D Printing.

I have also wondered if it might be possible to swap around parts from a Siege Chromia and Moonracer (or Nova/Firestar) mind you the Siege Chromia seems to have lots of little detailing on her which I don't think is just paint apps, compared to the smooth design of Moonracer. Mind you I should think the head at the least should be swappable as I can't see any reason they would have changed the size of the ball joint.

18. Quaternion