Heavy/Scratch: Fembot Heads and Accessories (Shapeways...maybe)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Quaternion, Sep 12, 2016.

1. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:

These are great ideas...I was going to suggest a seperate Junkion Project via PM...just hadn't got arou d to it yet...:) 

We've two female Junkions now by the way...along with Nancy we've got Rum-Maj - Transformers Wiki ...

2. Fuhzimota

Fuhzimota Well-Known Member

I'm back, bowing profusely, inquiring, "Please, sir, may I have another?" Oh, Great Quaternion, maker of fantastic noggins, magical accessories, et all, Could I interest you in creating an Obsidian head for the Combiner wars Alpha Bravo mold? (It's for the Strika project, which I assure you, will be posted soon!) I am needing something similar to his Beast Machines show design, with the ball joint socket nearer the back of his head, so that he can strike his hunched pose easier... thanks in advance for any and all help!

3. Quaternion

Quaternion Gimbal Lock Resistant

Sure I can do that. I'm kind or running behind on this project but I will catch up eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fuhzimota

Oh, no hurry! I still have lots to do myself before I start on Obsidian. Thanks as always!

5. Quaternion

strikapainted.JPG strikapaintedeyes.JPG firestarpainted.JPG lancerpainted.JPG ripclawpainted.JPG
    Instead of modelling I have been doing some painting. I wanted to share the results with you. Generally, I just like to paint the heads and accessories to match existing figures because I don't like having to paint the joints and and stuff. So here is Strika (with light up eyes!), Firestar, Lancer, and Ripclaw. Also I made a katana for Ripclaw because robo-samurai chics are cool. Lancer''s head came out looking a little small made worse by the colors I used, I think. But I don't mind.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fuhzimota

Nice work all around!

7. Fuhzimota

Sorry, been busy in da oilfield (I'll be back to civilization tomorrow) but how did you manage to LED eyes for Strika?

8. Quaternion

led functionality was already on Universe onslaught when you press the button on his backpack. I just made sure to design the head so that the light can come through. For mine, I just totally left out the eyeballs. If you get the corresponding one on my shapeways in frosted ultra detail, it has eyeballs but it should shine through. also you can probably paint them with something thinned or translucent and i expect you'd still get the light up eyes. or you can just cut off the eyeposts like i did.

9. Fuhzimota

Very nice.

10. Quaternion

Anybody feeling a TR Hot Rod to Minerva remold? Hasbro seems to have neglected the Headmaster Juniors for TR thus far, which is odd, IMO, since they are doing Overlord and PM Prime. If you remove the exhaust pipes, remolded the chest and the spoiler flap, and then added a Minerva titan master, you would have a fairly decent representation of her. Yeah the car mode is not curvy enough but there arent any other cars in the line and chromedome mold is just the entirely wrong proportions for Minerva. I suppose chromedome could work for Shuta. No ideas for Cab.

Yeah, currently I am watching Super God Masterforce for the first time...

11. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    From what I've seen of HR I could see that working...don't have HR yet in-hand to add much more input though...

12. Zpartuss

Zpartuss Well-Known Member

Excellent! got ore female TFs planned...with TR figures......

13. Quaternion

I did a Universe Roulette / Shadow Striker head.
    routlette render.png
    No idea what molds people would want this for but I am planning to put it on my WfC Bumblebee / Cliffjumper. I'll post a pic of that later once I get a test print done.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Looks good...not sure what mold it would look best on...maybe Flowspade & Trickdiamond...if someone just happen to have spares around...already have fem retooling...and...share some colors with Roulette & Shadow Striker...woul only need to add an appropriate tertiary color...if one had them...of course...

15. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I say Trickdiamond. Just add some blue and more yellow then she's Shadowstriker.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Quaternion

I did some painting and developed a few new pieces. If anyone is interested in any of these that I don't have on Shapeways, let me know and I will put them up.

Personally, I treat these as OCs except for IDW Lancer and IDW Greenlight. For the combiner teams, I'm just showing the combiner heads since otherwise they pretty much look the same as the stock photos.

Fembot G2 Briticus Team
    DSC_0334.JPG DSC_0336.JPG DSC_0348.JPG

Fembot G2 Stunticons Team
    DSC_0345.JPG DSC_0347.JPG

WfC gals including Vibes
    DSC_0325.JPG
    I could not get the giant ears to work on Vibes on the Sideswipe mold :( . So I took some artistic license there.

TR Blurr converted to an OC Fembot and Moonracer, whose arm was literally broken at the elbow. So I glued it in place and gave her a gun hand.
    DSC_0329.JPG

17. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Who are the other G2 Combaticons...???...I think E1 for Onslaught...but...Blast Off & Vortex...???...I wouldn't mine that Vibes head...what was th colors used for Greenlight & Lancer...???...

18. Quaternion

The other combaticons are IDW elita 1 (onslaught), airachnid (vortex), slipstream (blastoff), and shockwave is just an original model that I whipped up to have one. currently i call her "Blastwave" as a working name. I printed the greenlight and lancer heads in the green and orange colors. so those parts of the heads arent painted. the faces are with Testors Acrylic silver or aluminum. green lights eyes are testors acrylic teal and lancer's visor is a testors acrylic magical blue. i may have lightened the blue a bit but i dont remember.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    How does the original chest piece for Shockwave attach...???...I was wondering because...I was thinking if a new piece could be designed to work as/for an Aileron-esq silhouette...

20. Quaternion

yeah i considered doing a chestplate for shockwave since the chest is a separate piece. however, there is only one visible screw at the crotch and after removing that, the shoulders seem to be stuck together internally somehow and I am afraid I am going break it if I put more force on it. If anyone has taken shockwave apart before, let me know. but for now, no dice. :(