Heavy/Scratch: Fembot Heads and Accessories (Shapeways...maybe)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Quaternion, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Quaternion

Quaternion Gimbal Lock Resistant

I am going to hold off on doing the Nautica front end /cockpit for now. I bet that Hasbro will do this as a remold of the TR Windblade mold. It would be so easy to remold that into Nautica.

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Are saying that you're thinking that Hasbro will do another Nautica on top of the upcoming TR Blurr retool/deco...???...

3. Quaternion

That is what I think, yes. If hasbro doesn't come through on this, then I will make a Nautica for TR windblade.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZamuelNow

ZamuelNow Member

I saw when this was originally starting but I've been a bit absent for a while. Great to see the progress. The faces look a tad too human in renders but seem okay in printed samples. Only skimmed the thread but one thing that stood out to me was the Mistress of Flame's hammer. The size rises the price but I wonder if making the shaft two halves and designing a sprue like that. Attempted a mockup (poor image editing inbound):

[​IMG]
    Pretend the shaft halves are arranged behind the hammer head instead of next to it. If it cuts the price in half or a third, it would feel more reasonable as a custom.

Also, I sorta think the Mistress of Flame's head and in turn a whole custom for her, would be better suited for CW Cyclonus or the retail standalone CW Scattorshot. Wing structure seems like it would better emulate her cape.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Quaternion

Hmm, I'll give this a shot with the hammer and see how much it reduces the price. I'll also check out how MoF's head works with the cyclonus mold. Thanks for your suggestions!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quaternion

If I do as you suggest AND I hollow out the hammer to have 1mm thick walls, it comes down to $20.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ZamuelNow

ZamuelNow Member

While the final decision comes down to you, that sounds really good. Before, it cost more than a Voyager. I'm actually wondering if the size of the hammer head can be subtly shrunk but that's something to be careful with so it still retains the look. I don't want to push too hard since I have other customs to work on first. That said, fiddling with the size allows you to figure out the balance for more dynamic poses with the hammer. Similarly, you may want to experiment with subtle texturing midway down the shaft.

Also, while you have your sig, you should probably add a link to your Shapeways store in the first post. Signatures aren't viewable when not logged in and it's simply good courtesy and good self promotion to put it in the first post.

8. Quaternion

re: size - changing the size is fairly easy for me to do. i can run some test prints and see what it looks like. IMO, $20 is still too much for it.
    re: link - Sorry about the link. I didn't realize that since I'm always logged in when I'm looking at this thread :) 

9. ZamuelNow

ZamuelNow Member

May I suggest subtly making the eyes larger? Some of them are kinda tiny in proportion to the face. Also, I'll try to figure out how to word more mechanical suggestions for the faces.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Quaternion

Good point. I will work on this in future heads.

11. Heckfire

Heckfire General Patton vonJesus-Bot 2.0

Please do, thanks! This was what I asked for back in February (only for the Scattershot mould), but I was broke at the time and you had a lot on your "To Do" list. If there was another head that could fit Scattershot's regular head, too, that'd be great also (I'm not picky, it's for an OC).

Also, apparently the neck balls for the CW helis and the jets (at least the Fireflight/Blast Off mould) are the same size, so I'm gonna grab a Slipstream head for that chopper femme I mentioned a while back.

I'd also like to second the suggestion for making the eyes a little bigger.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  12. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    way too organic for my taste

13. ZamuelNow

ZamuelNow Member

While not a female character, I think looking at TR Blurr is an excellent example of the adjustments needed for a mechanical face. Your faces use actual roundness to the features while most Transformers use angular surfaces to emulate those features. It may take some effort since there are 3P faces that attempt the mechanical look and mess up but I do think it's worth attempting.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Quaternion

i'll give it a shot

• Like Like x 1
  15. ZamuelNow

ZamuelNow Member

Thinking about Maxima's sidearms, wouldn't it be better to either:
    A ) Offer a two pack sprue with both
    B ) Remold them as symetrical so the tab is on both sides OR
    C ) Both of the above

I say this since it seems a little more user friendly.

16. Quaternion

I think A is the best option. Problem with B is that they dont look as good holstered when they are symmetric (i've tried this before). But if there is sufficient demand for that i will gladly do it.

17. captainnedloh

captainnedloh STEALTH BASED COMBAT

News Credits:
    Oh holy crap your stuff is awesome.

18. captainnedloh

News Credits:
    Any chance you could do some deluxe junkion heads? Aside from the Maiden Japan heads (which are stupid expensive) we only have the Hasbro and Lucky Rogers ones. And there are so many variants for them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. captainnedloh

News Credits:
    (Omg what about IDW Wreck-Gars head and a thing that replaces his front wheel with the ski he has in the comic

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quaternion

Thanks! Yeah at some point I am gonna do the female junkion (see first post for render). The ski thing is a good idea. i'd just have to check how hard it would be to remove the wheel.

• Like Like x 1