Females on the Internet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Apr 8, 2012.

1. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Exactly. Granted for me I've been more of a tomboy so I've always hung out with more guys then girls. I tend to be treated as one of the guys in my friendship circles and I actually prefer it really. But of course when I was stuck working at Jared I did feel like a piece of meat by guys looking for jewelry for their ladies.. that would piss me off to no end. So glad I finally got something close to what I went to school for 2 years ago. Kinda hard to sell diamonds when you want to give the guy a lecture on respecting their lady enough to not oggle my breasts.

To be honest... I dunno if I would even notice extra attention. I'm honestly a bit oblivious. But I'm glad I've not gotten any graphic PM's. Especially seeing as I'm on here most of the day work being bad lol.

2. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Lol, most of them handle it fairly well. One guy posted his shirtless physique online for the women to ogle at and seemed the enjoy the attention. Other guys seem to deliberately fire up the sexual tension and sometimes there is practically cyber-sex that goes on between members (thinking of one guy in particular) and I usually logged off at that point. Not my cup of tea. A lot of people (guys) don't realise that women can be just as dirty, deviant and uncooth as men, we just tend to hide it better until we feel safe enough to let it out (generally when we are securely surrounded by other females - wing women, lol). There are lines that I won't cross as I believe in respect for both sexes between both sexes, but I am guilty of objectifying men in the past (I went to a male stripper with some friends and really got into it - I think I even licked him at one point).

In those cases the tables were well and truely turned and the guys were the entertainment and the sexual release and the butt of all the inappropriate jokes, lol.

3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    It's easier to suss out and ignore the annoying immature guys online. :D 

--Moony

4. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I hear you sister!!!

Yeah, I am on here a lot when I do night shift to kill time between obs and paperwork and it's a great way to pass those hours when you have to stay awake but nothing's doing, lol. Those PM's were really bad, I get a few pm's and most of them are really nice ones and sometimes it leads to friendships developing which are awesome.

5. LamboTwinLove

Yep, I've gotten a few that are really nice and I think are leading to friendships. I hope so. A lot of people here seem really awesome and I've been dying to have more friends who are into Transformers. It's really less fun when you have no one to really talk to about a hobby you think is completely awesome!

I think TF fan girls tend to get respect like gamer girls. When guys find out they think it's awesome. Just so long as we aren't one of those die hard Starscream fangirls, the scary ones lol.

6. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I've never felt at all disadvantaged by being a girl on the 'net, maybe because I've communicated with and friended plenty of girls throughout my online years.

I'm here because I'm into Transformers. I'm not afraid of male infested waters. :cool:  :lol 

Truthfully, in real life I've had more guy friends than girls, based on my hobbies and my personality. I've met more girls online that I get along with (and share interests with) than in "IRL" - though my best friend is a girl and I've always had close relationships with a few girl friends, I've gotten along better in general with guys.

7. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I sent you a friend request :) 

Yeah, those Starscream fangirls are almost embarrassing. Some of the young girls bug me a little, because they seem so shallow in their interest (oh Jazz is really hot, he's a babe, I wanna make babies with him), but then I remind myself that I was young once, too ;)  I was also probably very annoying so I am easing up on the judgement now.

8. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Which reminds me, I really do need to pop into the Ladies group more often.

9. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the professional services industry (such as law and accounting) women outnumber men by such a degree that I tend to forget women are generally underrepresented in other areas.

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had a kid or something I'd probably do it, but at this point in my life, there really isn't much I could add to those discussions. Like, I've always been decent around the little ones because many of em can relate better to me than the other "adults" in our lives (for reasons that should probably be obvious, given that I'm posting on a transformers forum), but beyond that, spending an evening swapping stories about infant vomit & feet really isn't my thing, even if comes with a plate of well done vagina.

Well, over the internet, anyway.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I've been trying to as well. :) 

12. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Well, that would depend which particular board you visited. I belong to two forums and one of them is a dedicated single parents board has a section called "the nightclub" which is for adult discussion. It is female dominated and mostly stems around how we single parents cope with the "drought' lol. You would probably find that one entertaining....I never knew what a smarty party was until I read it in there. Some women have really dirty mouths....most of my posts are asinine things like "lol". Sometimes I contribute, but these ladies blow every thing I have ever revealed on this forum out of the water! As soon as a man ventures in there he is attacked and preyed upon and asked all sorts of personal questions. Some can't take the heat and leave......some take it in their stride and end up revelling in the attention and the sexual innuendo. Women embarrass me sometimes........

Also, baby vomit doesn't usually come up. We do talk alot about bowel motions in our kids and play doh recipes. If you go to the pregnant or birth boards sections you will find interesting discussion on vaginal tearing and haemmorhoids. You just don't go to those sections.

13. jettara

jettara New Member

Men, nothing new. My favourite buttons are ignore and block if anyone really bugs me, male or female. Just like hanging up the phone or walking away. That doesn't work my trusty steel toe boots do the talking for me :) 

14. LamboTwinLove

Thank you!!

Oh, I know a Starscream fangirl in real life. But she's not a collector or anything like that she's just a fanfic fiend. And it's so bad. I mean as a character and what he is meant for Starscream is great. But he is not what the fan girls say he is. I mean... I can not take a bot seriously that wants to take over the Decepticons and forms countless plans that never work BUT every time Megatron transforms into a gun he doesn't think of the obvious thing to do. SNAP MEGATRON IN HALF! That right their kills Screamer for me. Sure it never would have been allowed to work. But to not try? Or even think of it? Come on. Megs at his most vulnerable. So yeah. Totally don't get the Screamer love. Other then his G1 voice.

15. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Haha yeah! That can of worms! Not to mention how in TF:TM when Megs was lying there mortally wounded all Screamer could muster was a kick in the side? Not a blast to the head? Then he shows no reaction/anger/concern when Soundwave carries Megs onto Astrotrain? He had Megatron right where he wanted him and he did nothing. I like Starscream, I think he's an interesting character in many ways, but I don't consider myself a fan girl of his. I also don't consider his persona to be even close to how he is in the minds of some of these fangirls, like you said. They attribute almost magical qualities to him that just don't exist.....They create a deep character with layers upon layers of analysis, when really he is (at least until very recently with TF Prime) a very shallow character who was transparent in his goals and an epic failure at achieving those goals.

16. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There are women on the Internet?

17. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

They're watching food network while guys are online for pr0n.
    It's that simple.

[​IMG]

18. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

:lol  Touche!!!!

Although to be entirely fair, I also youtube make-up tips so I can look lovely for the menz.....

19. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I tried explaining trolling and busting balls each other's balls online to my wife. She says it just ruins conversations and is pretty much pointless. She avoids these type of shenanigans online and lost all hope on forums and YouTube comments. She is the smarter and more mature one of course

I say those ladies are likely to be very immature and might I add insecure. The former might be illegally kinky and the latter just plain scary.

20. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Edited for my nonsense haha.