Females on the Internet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Y'know, the Male to Female ratio is pretty scary, when you realize that Men dominate the internet.

This being said, I feel somewhat bad for females on the internet, because they instantly become meat to a pack of hungry wolves. Single or not.

Personally I find it unfair to said females. But, what do ya'll feel about it?

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

You lost me at "Single or not".

Oh well, I'm off to look at Victoria Secrets pictures.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you willingly jump into shark-infested waters, you are bound to get a nibble.

same with the net. you know what you're getting into, so either toughen up or go outside.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't feel bad at all.

Such an environment serves to weed out the shrinking violets and bring us a new breed of female Internet user who can:

(a) not only take anything their male brethren can dish out, but return it in spades
    (b) revel in the offensive and politically incorrect humour that defines the Internet as much as any man
    (c) be as much a troll and prankster as any man

Women like these are real. And they turn me on.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    hmmm, I feel this thread is a trap..

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

There are no women on the internet. What the eff yo?

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Meh, you worry too much. I can hold my own. I admit that I come to TFW mostly for the attention, if no one spoke to me or laughed at my jokes I'd be outta here so fast your head would spin. When I joined this site, I knew damn well what I was in for, and I was ready to accept the challenge. Yeah, sometimes you guys annoy the living shit out of me, but there's enough of you that I can just find a new crowd if I see fit. The real question here is how do you guys feel about being a dime a dozen?

8. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I don't think you need to feel sorry for us. "Meat to a pack of hungry wolves"....this is different to living in the real world, how? ;) 

Honestly, I often feel less objectified and sexualised on the internet than I do in real life.
    It's unfortunate that women in general are at risk of being treated uncoothly, but I do give as good as I get, most of the time. If I feel truely theatened then I seek out the protection of the authorities, like anyone should do. In this case it would be the moderators or admin.

It's not unfair if I choose to be here. Also, there are female dominated sites (I have a parenting site I go to, for one) where the ratio of female to male is even higher than the male to female ratio here (most men don't sign up for parenting sites, but some do). Believe me, they can be (and often are) treated as meat exposed to a pack of raging lionesses, believe me.

ETA: I am touched that you have thought about this and are concerned. It's good that you're thinking about the way women are treated and doing something about it, even if that 'doing something' is only exposing the issue to a wider awareness by creating this thread. It's a step forward when men start critically evaluating how women are treated.

9. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

=P Nothing new for me being a "Aspiring artist", where there literally is hundreds of my job field being in the 20 mile radius.

10. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

*shrugs* Women deal with the same shit out in the real world. The internet isn't special, it's just a little worse. When I lived in SF I actually had men wolf whistle at me. I fixed that by wearing baggy sweatshirts when I was out by myself. Women adapt. We know how to take care of ourselves.

I'm here because I enjoy the hobby and I won't lie, the attention is a bonus. I wouldn't hang around here simply for the attention though - I have a life and other things to occupy my time. If I want attention, I'll wear a tight shirt and go walk around a mall. :p 

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Some of us are unique, G, and you know it. ;) 

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    HEY! My momma said I was special! :D 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm worth ten men.

14. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Yep, works every time. Fish in a barrel.

15. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

WHERE are these sites???....ummmm....for research....yeah that's it...scientific research. lol

16. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

You know... I actually feel on the internet guys are more inclined to hear me out. At first they don't always assume I'm a girl... which baffles me with a name like mine lol but online the majority of the time I feel I'm taken a little bit more seriously then I would be in some circles in real life.

Example, I'm the only TF collector in my general circles of friends living in my area. And they all think I'm weird for buying toys when I could be out drinking with them.

At least here I feel more accepted for what I like. I haven't felt not welcome since coming here and I also can't say I've gotten more attention for being a girl either.

17. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Hahaha! Just google parenting sites, and if you really want to treated like a piece of meat, find yourself a SINGLE parenting board :wink: 

18. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

LOL, I want to find these sites just to see how many men handle what we do everyday of our lives. xD;

19. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

THIS!

I actually feel far more accepted and valued as a person (as opposed to a pair of breasts and a pretty face) here than in real life. It's crazy because I am a professional, I am educated and I work my job with respect and integrity - and still find myself in a position where I am treated as an object. I can actually SEE them dismember me with their eyes. And yeah, with a niche interest that is male dominated in the first place it is even harder to find acceptance and understanding.

I think I do get extra attention because of my gender, but it's not really disrespectful or insulting. A lot of the guys here will engage in light flirting (and so do I), but that is a natural human behaviour and there has only been two people who have crossed the line by sending me graphic PM's that were very sexual in nature. Other than that, it's all been in fun and I have given it all back.

20. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]