Female Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by figsdad, Mar 5, 2010.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know we got Arcee And Elite One.and others but not many.?

But in general there was a lack of female transformers i wonder why.?

Does the spark only create male transformers good or bad.?

I thought at least it would be like the human race half and half..

2. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I think in G1 context they were an experiment by the Quintisons (sp?) at introducing 'gender' into their product lines (the cybertronians).

I think thats why there is hardly any of them. Don't think it has anything to do with sparks, just fame design preference of something like that.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Personally can't add much more than Ashion for this.

Although there are probably more female TFs than we realise if you count them all up (across all continuities).

I can think of:

Arcee
    Elita-1
    Chromia
    Firestar
    Moonracer
    Blackarachnia
    Fracture
    Airazor
    Minerva
    Slipstream

...er mind's gone blank!

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, there have been quite a few female Transformers throughout the years.

List of female Transformers - Transformers Wiki

I know a lot of fans take issue with female Transformers, but I've always like the idea of them. Dunno why.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some of the Japanese Microns were female, though I don't remember the names. Also of course Rosanna!

6. stephen

stephen Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    10 come to mind

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I personally like to think that Cybertron has as many female inhabitants as there are males, and that the named ones we've met are just the more high-profile.

8. lordtigerhawk

lordtigerhawk Well-Known Member

"No One can know the will of Vector Sigma and that of Primus my children...The fact that our race has females is a wonderful thing...just over the course of the great wars we have lost many of them to the evils of the decepticons. Primus in his great wisdom gave them to us to be our life partners and soul mates. To fight by our side when the time came and to be the strength we lean upon. Wheep for their loss, for we as a race are less without them......" :wtf: 

Lordtigerhawk :stick: 

Well to be honest they where created to get girls into the franchise, but on the fictional side I like to believe that they are there to serve as what Primus wanted the whole of Male and Female. And Yes I do think that Transformers can reporduce. I have read a great fan fiction book about it where they created a new transformer from part of the spark from both parents. of course mating took place in virtula space after the 2 merged their sparks...great concept and if you think abotu it very logical. So Transformer reporduction can happen one of 3 ways
    Vector Sigma....
    Regeneration or Transfer (Idea behind Transformers Generation 2)
    Or by the mateing of 2 Sparks....with a new spark being created with in the process...(Note to his one was hinted at in the last momets of Luthian before Unicron devored the race. One scene has children playing....Why would a Robotic race have a need for children....)

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I've always thought there really aren't male or female transformers, just transformers with more masculine or feminine traits, as gender wouldn't be as important to a mechanical race as it is for us.

The IRL reason you don't see many female transformers is that for a boy's toyline, female characters don't sell all that well, because when you're a young boy girls=icky. Add onto that the fact that in boy's cartoons, most female characters exist only as a foil to male ones, and again its harder to push the toys.

In-universe logic, its possible that female transformers performed different roles in cybertronian society, and we just don't really see them as a result because we aren't exposed to those roles very often, and/or those roles became harder to continue after the war began.

It varies heavily between different continuities, however.

But in terms of sparks, we saw Airrazor's spark in beast wars, and she was a female, so they can't all be male.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    could not have put it better Nacht, my opinion exactly

11. HPSoundwave

HPSoundwave Decepticon Metalhead

since cybertronians were basically products to be sold all over the galaxy by the quintessons. Wouldn't the introduction of females to the race be mainly for the perverted minded.

On the theological angle of primus, it all kinda makes as much sense as the whole franhise as a whole.

I like the idea though simply because if done right it makes the characters more human.

12. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Simple, Transformers is a boys line. Many boys don't like buying girl characters. Look at other lines, who are the pegwarmers? The girls. So Hasbro does have a few female characters but they will never put many out compared to the male characters.

14. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Anybody seen any ladies in GI JOE? Same thing I think as most of you have said here, being a boy-dominated toy franchise, female-figures don't sell well.
    Speaking of Arcee from G1, why would a robot need red lip-stick? LOL!

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Agreed. Toys of girl characters don't sell due to the cootie epidemic.

On top of that, when toys of female characters are made, there's a large tendency for the manufacturer to shortpack them in the case assortments.