female transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by snakeeyes, Jul 4, 2007.

1. snakeeyes

snakeeyes Member

One of my other upsets was the lack of enough female presence in the transformer movie.

In G1 there was spike and carley who eventually married and had daniel. Sam and that hot chick (forget her name) did fill up this role, on the human side.

But on the robot side, their was no females, and that sucked! I recall at least one old episode where a human made female ninja robot actually captured the cold and unmerciful decepticon leaders heart (er spark). Megatron I could have sworn fell for that robot lady. Then their was Elita one, who I think would make a good wife to Optimus prime, assuming the transformers acknowledge such human rituals. Springer and Arcee also seemed to be at least dating. One curious thought. Seeing that bumblebee mimicked the action of a human dog that peed on ironhides feet. I wonder if transformers could mimick human actions between males and females. I wonder if a blackarachnia kind of female decepticon could ever amount to be a decepticon queen, with starscream having adulterous intentions! Hmmmmm but then again if the female where a decepticon then perhaps she would act more like a hoe! But anyway, my point is that female transformers, both autobot and decepticon, would only add to the transformers greatness. I hope to see this some time in the future.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Sam's girlfried is called Mikaela.

There was also Maggie the computer hacker.

Arcee was originally supposed to be in the movie. She was supposedly in early script versions, but got cut out for time and there is movie style toy coming out of her. I'd say she's a very likely candidate for the sequel.

3. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Arcee was in the movie. She was the motorcycle that the military dude rode to destroy Blackout. :D  hehe

4. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

All Spark not rquired.................

Good news. The All Spark isn't required after all. Just get some female & male Autobots together and watch the sparks fly.

5. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

Pun intended?

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    In the writers panel it was explained that they wanted a bigger Autobot (she was only going to be nine foot tall) and Bay thought there was enough to explain with out having to explain why one of the robots from space is a girl. When they dropped her they added Ironhide.

7. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

A wise move I think. Ironhide was awesome!

8. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if robots have sexes if a good idea, but then again giant robots from space transforming into vehicles isn't too plausible either.

Maybe just a feminine appearing robot with a female voice, just not considered a different sex than the others.

9. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    Wasn’t the explanation for Arcee in the old Marvel comics that she was programmed to be female because she was going to be a liaison between the Autobots and humans and they thought humans would have an easer time dealing with a Transformer they perceived as feminine.

10. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

I'm really angry at the people who had Arcee taken out. Not only did the Autobots cast require a sixth member, she would have offered a lot of colour and intrigue.

I don't buy the "Oh we're introducing robots, female robots is another Gimme we have to save for later" - since it then begs the question "Why didn't we see them in the first?".

None of the arguments against female robots really hold since we all know TFs are Antrophmorphic robots meaning they're based off humanoids - meaning gender makes sense. It just feels like the people on Don Murphy's forum nailed a big "NO GIRLS ALLOWED" sign to the treehouse that is the TF movie.

Really love Arcee's design(preferably with the earlier white hairstyle), wish she was in the movie.

11. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are silly. So why are they male then?

12. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Which I personally hated, it was just Simon Furman taking a jibe at femmebot fans. By the looks of the Dreamwave comics it looks like he regretted it though.

I hate it because all the TFs have blatantly male personalities and voices, and very blocky, bulky builds. They are in no way androgynous like people suggest -their personalities wouldn't "Work" as girls - they'd seem out of place, with the exception of Starscream who's one big gender fuck and probably should be a girl anyway with that voice.
    A whole planet of guys seems horrid to me.

13. Seth Buzzard

News Credits:
    But there wasn’t going to a 6th Autobot. There was going to be 5 and when they decided the Autobots where on average to small and they wanted a second big strong guy they cut the smallest character that was also the most complicated to explain.

14. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

Who said they were male?

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream was in the movie, and "he" is more of a "girl" that Arcee ever was... :) 

16. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Ironhide was the Autobot's main muscle/damage dealer.

That said, like Buzzbeak pointed out, a feminine Autobot as the liaison between the bots and humans would be perfect simple plot point to bring in a female Autobot. And how more close to a human can a bot get than have one literally riding it?

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I will never understand people's fascination with chick robots.

18. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    dude i got to admit while Arcee would have been great in the movie i thought much more of Ironhide being in the movie! Ironhide was one of my fav characters plus he was one of the orignials

19. juuubart

juuubart Active Member

i think it was right they put in 1st year Autobots first. they can include Arcee in the sequel.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    unless we get to see some robo-coitus, i think having fembots in the movie is lame.