Female Transformers in Fall of Cybertron (Or Any Sequels)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by orangeitis, Oct 8, 2012.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    To prevent another topic from derailing, I thought this deserved its own thread.

Since when are Arcee's and Slipstream's bodies 'slender'? Just because they're smaller than male bodies or something?

See if you use a male 'body'... the body is male. It don't matter what you say it is. Sure, you can pretend, and that IS a valid aspect of gaming (and entertainment as a whole, screw the haters :p ), but it's objectively wrong in actuality.

To say that having a female's body(or rather, not having a male's body) is automatically "having a model's body" is wrong, IMO. Why should females have male bodies? If the female sex isn't good enough in the first place, why have it in the first place? Honest questions here, I'm not trying to argue.

My stance is IMO very rational and reasonable. Introduce female bodies, and have every existing piece reshaped to have the option of using them for your female bots. And vice-versa for female-original pieces. But female parts should be differently-shaped from male parts. Just because your gal is Strika-shaped don't mean her body is any less female.

As for 'feminine' stuff(my brain automatically distinguishing sex and gender), I don't think it's an issue in the WFC/FoC universe. I mean Starscream isn't running around stiletto-healed or anything...

2. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    Unless important to the plot, they aren't needed.

3. orangeitis

Ebay:
    Which is probably why Tieger & co didn't include them in the first place, I'd imagine.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How is that a dumb explantion? It's completely understandable if you know the basics of how models are made.

7. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Imagine Megatron with boobs. You just realised why it wouldn't work.

8. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    First, for the record, let me state I LOVE female characters in games and always fall of the side of wanting more of them.

That said, your statement isn't that 'reasonable.' For every piece to have a 'female version' the visual staff has to create a whole new piece from the ground up. New concept art, new model, new skin(and in all likelyhood many iterations of all of the above). You're literally doubling the work on the visual staff.

In the real world that would almost certainly have the consequence of the total number of pieces being halved, and pretty much everyone already thinks there are too few.

And that's not even considering that the team would need to construct a female animation rig and animate it.

Again, I want female characters, but its not exactly a small task for the devs.

9. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

I'd like to add that rule 63 versions of all the characters would be slightly fanfic-y.

10. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

hey i thought they wanted us to be able to make any type of custom TF we wanted to????? someone might want that.... lol

11. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    seriously, i would love my female Cybertronians to be model, femme fatale look-alikes

12. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    it will work. if people want to create silly-looking characters, then they should be able to do so freely. it would look hilarious. but that will be one aspect of the game that will be loads of fun, if iimplemented in the sequel.

but anyway, HMS had the great idea when they made Slipstream look like this:

[​IMG]

the boobs are subtle, but when you look at her she conveys the feminine, femme-fatale look that i would love to see in some female Cybertronians. you can convey femininity without being so overt about it.

13. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Unless you're fine with every female looking like Strika, you're not gonna get them.

14. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

Wow... I did not expect someone to make a thread from what I said. Okay I guess what I said was a lot more controversial than I thought it to be.

My argument was that any class really could be called female. If Strika is female then really Megatron's chassis could be called interpreted as female as well, while it Is all up to the players interpretation, Females really shouldn't just be transformers that have larger breast plates, curvier waists, and a bouncier walk, but wait, are they smaller than the males? no, Arcee was noticeably taller than Bumblebee in wfc, you cant say that females are smaller males when you have such huge differences

The model design that was made for Arcee and slipstream is kind of obvious. Cutting Arcee and Slipstream from the game was necessary in my opinion, customization would be dreadful should they have cut some of the male characters for just these two.

In the end I don't really mind the supermodel design as an option, but really a character doesn't need to have the same build as Arcee or Slipstream to be female. honestly make a tank character and imagine it with Strikas voice and it shouldn't be too hard to see them as a female either. Just look at Cybertron Override, she was a male in Galaxy force, Change Nitro Convoy's voice actor to female and boom, that man became a woman. Same with Air razor who was originally going to be male (also with a goatee which is noticeably still there) but add a female voice actress and there you have it, woman.

Again, sure why not have model builds added. but my point still, stands that you don't need model builds to create a female transformer.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I don't really care for female transformers, but it would be nice if they were in the game, and it would make more sense with Arcee and Slipstream having been in WFC.

I'm surprised how little people know that you can delete your own posts, with the exception of threads. :p 

16. orangeitis

Ebay:
    A female Megatron would be awesome.

That's a very, VERY good point, and I really should have acknowledged that fact. But I was only thinking about the concerns of my fellow fans, not what the developers would have to go through.

Even in-universe, only 1/13 of all Cybertronians are apparently female(so pretty much double the work for 1/13 of the 'bots). Buuut I do think that they are needed in the game series. Not only to fill out the universe, as to not have any holes it it, but to have different appeal to many of the fans. I'm not just talking about male fans' robo-fetishes, nor tthe appeal for female fans to have biological analogues in the Cybertronian mythology, but also to feature the heritage characters of the female sex. Give them an equal shot at this awesome storyline.

The customization aspect of the idea would be epic though. >:3

I think that there should be an option for femininity. Not everyone would want their female Transformers feminine. "Make-up" and high-heels could easily be made to be swapped out on most models(though probably not available on the rest) of either sex.

That is of course, if the devs were to try re-doing every singe MP piece, as Chalice mentioned.

Strika don't have a male body though. :<

17. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Strika looks a lot like a male so she would fit.

If they were included I would want them to armour set exlcusives since I would get seirous OCD when I see a bumblebee with arcee legs and im not the kinda guy to get OCD.

18. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    They could have at least given us female heads and voices.

19. Mathmaticus

Mathmaticus Member

I liked WFC Arcee and Slipstream.

All I know is, now that they haven't been included in-game there's almost no chance Hasbro will attempt to make figures of WFC Arcee and Slipstream. And I really want a WFC Slipstream figure. WFC made me actually like her, as she was more than just a female Starscream clone, she had her own vehicle form, As far as I'm concerned Animated blows chunks as far as her design goes. I didn't even really watch it anyway. In WFC she's not a Seeker, she's a Stalker. And WFC Arcee would've made up (at least in my opinion) for the lack of a proper/official transforming G1 Arcee all this time. The closest we ever got is Animated Arcee which I've always felt isn't a good enough stand-in.

To be honest (as far as in-game is concerned) I just wish there were some slender chassis for Infiltrators and Scientists. They don't even need to be "feminine". Looking at Transformers you see quite a few slender males in G1 based fiction nowadays, and it's not like they were entirely absent from G1 back then either.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    :lolol  Imagine that.

Megatron with Arcee's voice.