Customs: Fellow Radicons, i need your help! workin on some jets

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Napjr, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys!

Im working on a Superion, and so far ive got many things figured out. However, i need some suggestions

Im gonna use Supreme Starscream feet and shin for it and as you can see, your standard seeker fits just fine. Problem is that is holding just by pressure and with the tiniest movement just pop outs

Any ideas? I cant think of anything useful that doesnt involve extensive mods to the seeker feets (im trying to mod them as little as possible)

So, any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Hmm, mave you tried any magnets? Super neonydium magnets rock, I'm using them in my current Devy Commish for a secure attachment. outside of the ratcheting joints.

3. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

u could attach some small legos to his knees, that connect inside the leg cavity. this is looking really good btw

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, magnets will do the trick. I got some REALLY small ones from guassboys.

5. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    Scratchbuild pegs that fit into deluxe starscreams thrusters. There wouldn't have to be any modding to the deluxe.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say go with magnets on the bottoms of the seeker feet, they'd stay hidden almost all the time and would provide great strength for holding the leg on. Also, can you rotate the tailfins to overlap the SSS leg without forcing it too much? That could be another way to help hold the modded seeker on.

7. Boanerge

Boanerge Professional Lurker

Using the tailfins to help sounds like a good idea. If you want the fins like they are then maybe you could scratch build a piece to use the small gap between the knee pads and the screw holes located there. Like a "T" shaped piece where the top of the T fits into the screw holes and the bottom of the T has a clip to attach to the shin piece.

8. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, i decided to drill holes on the thrusters and used some KO seeker launchers as a base. Then i glued to the shin and so far it seems to be holding just fine :) 

The tailfins sounded good, however im changing those on both leg robots (Skydive is gonna be a F22 Raptor for example), so i wouldnt be able to use it

Silverbolt is not attached yet, so im gonna think of a good way to do it. A T shaped connector might work, similar to Boanerge idea :) 

Attached Files: