Fellow collectors, I'm torn.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, May 20, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I have a preorder with BBTS. The Warpath/Wheeljack/and Thundercracker assortment. But it hasn't come in yet... I was thinking earlier.
    At retail, the three figures together would come to about 35 dollars. On BBTS, with shipping, in the end it comes out to around 53. And I don't even really want Thundercracker that badly.
    The case for WJ, WP, and TC has actually been spotted at retail pretty frequently. And Generations has been proven to still be in the running, as opposed to HTFD/PCC/RTS that has been discontinued and clearanced.
    Should I cancel my preorder? Save the money, and hope to find WJ and WP at retail?
    My wal-mart is pretty slow about a lot of things, but I can say that I got ALL of my Generations figures at retail, from them.
    I'm pretty confident. But there's always the chance that my retails will prioritize DOTM...
    But also, even if I DON'T find them at retail. If Generations is still on the shelves, then the figures are still in production, and that probably means BBTS will still have them In Stock/Preorder at a later date...

What do you guys think? XD

2. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    Personally I would go with the sure thing and leave the pre-order.

3. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I see it like this, you've got a sure thing, why give it up and maybe kick yourself over it later if things don't work out.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's hard to say, it does sound like a big difference. I would keep the preorder though if it was me, a peace of mind is sometimes priceless.

5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Keep the preorder and sell what you don't want.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I will correct something though, as someone that works retail. It wouldn't be a matter of them prioritizing DotM over Generations, it would simply be a matter of DotM selling better and needing to be restocked. With how things are done when it comes to scanning out of stock items and ordering new ones, that would be what keeps new stuff from any line from coming in.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep the preorder. I saw Warpath at retail once. He was gone in an instant. The only reason I didn't buy it is because he's currently sitting in my POL and there's no point in being selfish.

Considering how low your chances are of seeing him again, I'd keep that preorder and be done with it. Sell off the extras like others said.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think North Carolina is one of the last places in the US to get new products from Hasbro so I've had those moments of panic of oh my gosh they are everywhere maybe there will be no figures left for my area. Yet figures still show up if they aren't end of a line figures.

With Hasbro saying Generations would continue I'm sure the wave will show up even if everyone else has had their figures for weeks or months before I could get them.

If you only want Wheeljack and Warpath maybe you could buy the figures off another board member for far less than $53 if the figures don't show up in your area soon.

9. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I'd say wait for your Pre-order to come in stock just so that you a 100% sure that you will have them. I also have the Warpath/Wheeljack/and Thundercracker case along with a wreck-gar on pre-order aswell but I'm not sure if I'll even see them up here in Canada for a while, I haven't even seen RTS jazz, tracks, or even generations kup.

10. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Keep it in your POL. Get more stuff to save on shipping. If your not in a rush for them leave it there until you get more stuff. In the meantime, if you find what your looking for at retail, get them and maybe sell them to recoup some $$ or just display in bot and vehicle forms :thumbs2: . I waited almost 8 mos before shipping my POL. I have that same case on Pre-order. You could always sell the extras on ebay, in the sales thread, or dangle them around for trade bait.

11. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i say screw it.

i'd get it for cheaper and order something you can not find in retail. some G1 stuff would be nice or PE reflector.

12. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd say get it at retail first than you can cancel the preorder.... I've yet to see any of them at the store.

13. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

yup.

14. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I wouldn't be so confident. If Hasbro has shown us anything it's that production numbers dwindle near the end of a line (try finding an Energon Ultra Magnus, or the mini con sets from the end of Cybertron). I say if you're sure you want 'em, keep the preorder and be sure. I seriously doubt that I'll ever see TC, WJ or WP at retail and if I could afford the preorder I would (the individual ones for WP are sold out and I don't need another TC or WJ). But I seriously think we're heading into another year at least of 90% movie toys and 10% other. DOTM is going to dominate everything from here on out.

15. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found them at Wal Mart on Wednesday. So as soon as I payed for them, and got home I cancelled my preorder at BBTS.

Note however that I did not cancel until after I had them in hand. I think that's your best beat. Wait till you have them in hand before you cancel your preorder.

16. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is the best way to do it. Remember that you have to find them first and i always count the cost of gas towards the total cost of toy hunting/finding.

17. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    better safe than sorry...

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Unless Hasbro lied to us for some reason then the thing I've been hearing over and over from other collectors is that Hasbro said Generations would run during the Dark of the Moon run.

If it was Reveal the Shield then yea worry because that line is coming to an end. Just nothing right now to say Generations will end even if Dark of the Moon toys are taking up most the shelf space in stores.

19. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheel can become a uber pain to fine a complete rare in my eyes I would hold on to that order.

20. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would hold on to them until you find them at retail and then cancel. Like others have said, you can always sell what you don't want. I ordered my case a while ago when I thought Generations was done too. Within the last week my friends and I have seen 4 Warpath's, 6WJ's and 3 TC's. Good luck in finding them though, they are great figures...