Customs: Feet for ROTF Deluxe Red Rampage?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Jul 10, 2010.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NEED ADVICE:

I'm planning to remove the rubber tips on ROTF Deluxe class Red Rampage's front legs and replace them with a pair of feet that would fit perfectly on him!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Can anyone please tell me which action figure (and action figure) has feet that would fit perfectly on ROTF Deluxe class Red Rampage?

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't tell ya myself.. I am an accuracy buff, so I like things they "way they should be".. Not only that, but the way the legs are designed, There really aren't many choices for feet for this figure.. Sorry to tell ya that bud..

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Okay, hold on there a sec mate, what sort of feet are you actually looking for? I mean, each radicon could probably suggest 10 pairs of feet and they'd all work.

However, if you're looking for Movie Accurate feet, then i honestly don't know (it's kinda hard to be movie accurate when he clearly doesn't have 'feet' as such). On the other hand, if you just want him to be able to stand, then rip a pair of feet off whatever you want.

Also, are you still looking for him to transform? Perfect Transformation or parts former? Coz that will limit which feet you can use, and also whether you need to install an ankle joint.

While you're at it (and this is just a suggestion), why don't you head on over to the Tutorials section and do the Rampage Elbow mod (it's done with the yellow version, but iirc it's the same thing for the red, just don't quote me on that).

4. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any (and I mean ANY) kind of feet that will still allow him to transform!

My plan for this Red Rampage of mine is to give him two legs instead of 4 and eliminate his "Jackhammer" mode so I can turn him into an Autobot!

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Ah, right. So you basically want him to stand on his own two feet, but still have that bulldozer mode. Fair enough.

Now, if you examine the transformation itself, those rubber bits do absolutely nothing. The only part that matters is that the back of the leg has to clip in dozer mode to hold the spring, and the two legs must clip together.

Therefore, i would suggest (since there's really few limitations to this one) getting a pair of feet you like (of a reasonable size), and then mounting them to a set of ball joints. This gives you an ankle joint, and will make sure it can swivel out of the way for Transformation. I believe hobby link japan sells good ball joints, or you can rip up another toy for them as well.