Feedback on the new maps

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only tried the Escalation maps once or twice so I don't have a firm opinion on them yet. Initial impressions are positive.

I like lowering the energon river and changing the environment but it too many hallways. I would have had that map be two or maybe three stories tall and you can lower the levels to reveal the submerged levels.

The Decepticon level is Rust. I like the turret additions. My opinion on this one flips back and forth between "good" and "good but I wish they had made completely new one".

But the real point of this is about the other multiplayer maps.

I like them and all but I don't love them. They are just a bunch of rooms and hallways. They feel quite enclosed.

What I want for maps going forward are maps that are similar in feel to Halo maps. That game uses vehicles well in multiplayer. You need to have big open areas with some hills to break line of sight but other than that fairly plain. I guess I just want a metal out door area.

What do you feel about the new maps?

2. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Cybertron isn't organic, hills and rolling fields don't really exist and I'm not sure how they would make an environment like that out of metal. I LOVE the two new MP maps, they're a step in the right direction.

3. Rexidus

News Credits:
    So on the entire planet there isn't a single place that doesn't have buildings? I'm well aware it isn't an organic planet nor would I want to see a tree there. But I'm sure they can take something along the lines of a hilly open area and make it fit Cybertron.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    New Escalation maps are killers!

But fun though. :thumbs2:  Still trying to figure out some good routes to go with. Sideswipe80, Shadowsfm, Mach Rider, TornadoQuake, and myself, were trying out various areas to see what held what. I do like the fact that they sprawl quite a bit now.

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Hey man, that was so fun! Had a blast playing with you guys. We should do it again sometime.

6. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Considering the planet is an enormous metal ball, you seem to be forgetting that metal is malleable. There could very easily be formations such as hills, and really they could be formed out of something crazy like a fuckton of wires and tubes crammed together, if not a surface formation of Cybertron itself.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a ton of fun with you guys. Nothing better than playing with you guys instead of random strangers. I liked how boxed in everything is now. And Onslaught rocks!

8. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the new maps are huge! (or maybe its just that i haven't got used to them yet)

in multiplayer fortress is like kaon prison. it has prison cells. cant shoot through the catwalks. it has rivers of gold. the whole map is lit by green light. its so big i'm having a hard time memorizing it. like all maps, this one has an autobot side and decepticon side. both sides are nearly identical and symmetrical. on the east side is the gold river with a hidden over shield. in the center is an open nest, underneath is another over shield. node "A" is on the west side near decepticon base. node "B" is on east side over the gold river. node "C" is on west side near autobot base.

Havoc is starsreams space station. it is easier to navigate as a flier, because while the first floor is sperated by large rooms, the second floor is quite open. out the window you see cybertron. underneath your feet is blue energon and red lava. there are giant spinning fans all over. there are damaged walls. video monitor shows bumblebee (or cliff jumper). the map is huge and symmetrical. autobot and decepticon bases are identical. autobot side is red while decepticon side is purple. node "A" is in autobot base but is very open. you can see it from the center of the map and it has a high ceiling, so its hard to protec,t unless the gaurds are on the second floor looking down in that room. node "C" is the same on the decepticon side. node B is in the center of the map above the blue energon river under the main second floor. 6 passages lead to it so it is hard to protect.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't even seen this level yet. They sound wicked.

10. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    district is like rust. half the map is locked. lots of turrets but they cost 500 and only stay active for 60 seconds. the first door that should be open is the tunnel with the over shield. it cost 400, has an over shield vender, and unlocks the second half of the map, though there are lots still locked, like the decepticon side and the center building.

11. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    you online? ;)  lets explore

the disadvantages are that not many have the new maps so in public games they get vetoed a lot

12. Angelwave

News Credits:
    It dawned on me that we didn't open up as much doors in District as we did in Forsaken. Definitely have to explore that a bit more.

And I have to agree guys, I had a great time. Demolishor, Onslaught and Scattorshot, are great editions to the game. I even got the "I Still Function" Trophy with Scattorshot's Omega Missle. :thumbs2:  And Demolishor has one of the best abilities with his Ammo Beacon.

13. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    district wave 10 oh shit! the lighting dims at the beginning of each wave. omega supreme shouts, "defenses breached in select systems!" lots of titans and a few brutes come out. after 60 seconds the lights brighten up again.

staying in the over shield tunnel is the safest place to hide for a long time,
    after opening the tunnel, the next door to open is decepticon area for 500. the door to the right (after entering) is boring, only some emp grenades and a spawn gate.

14. Angelwave

News Credits:
    LOL....oh yeah I almost forgot about the "power down" part. That freaked me out the first time that happened. It was actually kinda cool.

Thanks for that tip about that door.

15. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say the maps are huge. They are maybe 1/3 larger than Molten or about the same size as Berth.

I don't know how the engine would handle it but I would love to see maps two or three times larger than that.

But still, they are decent maps.

16. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    yeah as big as birth but mini small rooms make it feel huge

17. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

you're thinking Beast Machines :crazy: 

There is a way to make it Hilly. but it would be unintended hills (*points to start of tryp boss fight*) you telling me that isn't a plain enough? make debris that make slopes and you have ramps and stuff. it'd be a rehash but it'd be different.

18. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I haven't got to play in any of the multiplayer maps yet. In the 5 games I played the maps got veto'd or just didn't slip into the rotation.

The escalation maps are ho-hum. The decepticon level is decent, but I really dislike the autobot map. It has too many narrow, open hallways. Also, I had trouble finding the ammo/health vending machines. Hopefully it grows on me, but as of now it will be a reflex to veto it.

All the new characters are neat though. At least a change of pace and some humor when kids freak out - "HOW ARE YOU GETTING THAT GUY?!"

19. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This. On a metal planet that's been literally torn by war, it would not be impossible or unrealistic to have a large open area with debri acting as "terrain". Ripped, torn of damaged pieces of metal, perhaps a collapsed building etc, would all satisfy that idea.

Edit: And to comment on the maps (back on topic), I spent some time going through them solo last night and actually had havoc come up in actual MP. I like how they have multiple levels, makes the nodes harder to defend.

20. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Well I've been playing Multiplayer for 2 hours(ish) and have yet to see the new maps. Starting to wonder if they only appear if the host has them?

Can't be bothered to check the escalation maps, didn't like the mode in the first place.