Minor/Repaint: Feedback needed: Custom Camaro Arcee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by bobclagett, Jan 23, 2008.

1. bobclagett

bobclagett Member

Attached Files:

• 200.jpg
      200.jpg
      File size:
      167 KB
      Views:
  2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry but that mode is too musculine to fit Arcee, especially with the big feet. I really like the paint job on it though.

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Same here. How about something more feminine for her? Can't think of one though.

4. bobclagett

bobclagett Member

yeah, i hate the it's so broadchested, but the idea came more from the vehicle mode, white camaro with pink racing stripes..
    Oh well, it was worth a shot :) 

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Well, I say finish her up still. It's a good paint job.

6. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Bodybuilder Arcee :D 

7. Wheeljack2007

Wheeljack2007 Jacked up man

I like what you was thinking, taking the head off her motorcycle , and putting it on a car with pink racing stripes, just a shame that it didn't suit that mold. You were on to something there, just keep working it. Just change those stripes to another color and repaint that head, you might get someone you didn't expect. Some of the greatest inventions and recipes have been made by accident.

8. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

I think that the mold looks extremely thin for even BumbleBee.
    So for Arcee it's more thin. Maybe the CCBB would be better?
    Good attempt though. Looks very nice.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I wouldn't totally give up on this just yet... I think there's potential in it. It's a bit "masculine" now, but with a bit more bashing, this could really work.

A larger head in relation to the body would make the shoulders seem less broad. You wouldn't be able to use the Energon Arcee head, but maybe there's another head that would work? Maybe something bashed from an anime figure? Bumblebee's normal round head could even work if you drilled out his normal face, and replaced it with a more feminine one.

Also, you can tilt the chest of the Camaro upwards, to form more of a feminine "bust". If you mount the head so it can slide up higher on the neck, this will elongate the figure's proportions, also making the shoulder area less hulking.

Flipping the front of the car/chest up also makes the waist appear narrower, and accentuates the slight flare of the hips on this figure. Painting the hip area in a lighter colour would also draw attention to the curves there.

As well, I've kitbashed my BB classic Camaro so the hips swivel. This puts more of the car's structure on the lower legs, and with a little bit of cutting, the rear fender can flip around front to form much smaller feet. They could even be given "high heels" if you wanted to.

I don't have a picture of what I mean... hm.

Alternately
    , if you really wanted to do an Arcee bash, you could try working with RID Sideburn. That's actually a very feminine mold, and the car mode has lots of curves too. Best of all, if you wanted to place her with Movie transformers, the size, style and detail level of the RID cars isn't far off.

zmog

10. bobclagett

bobclagett Member

wow, thanks SMOG!! Those are all great ideas!! There is hope for this one :) 

I'm definitely new to the bashing end of this, so I'll need to look up some of the technique (the swivel, for example)

I'll keep working on it, and update this thread when I can!! Thanks again!!

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with others that the body is a bit masculine for Arcee. But the paintjob looks nice, and I can totally visualize the color scheme and racing stripes looking good in car mode.

If I may suggest, how about turning this into Minerva? She's still a female Transformer, but is much more masculine than Arcee (simply because she shares a mold with the male Nightbeat). And the paintjob you have is pretty close already, it just uses pink instead of red. You could almost just paint her face orange and call it a day. :) 

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

The swivel isn't easy... It's a bit loose on mine, and with this figure, there's not a lot of room to insert a solid joint. Not the kind of thing I would undertake without a Dremel or some similar cutting tool.

Anyway, here's a pic. I apologize for the excessive photoshopping... I took a few really bad sloppy pics of my altered Bumblebee, and played with the colours and slapped a new head on it to show you what I mean.

I used the Energon Arcee head because the pic was handy, but obviously the real head is way too small.
    [​IMG]

zmog

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is an awesome looking mod SMOG!!....that does wonders for the legs...and does help to give it the more female look to it.....

Great eye man!! :thumb 

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I think you should take that advice, especially about the more feminine chest.Maybe add some powder blue accents. or a Zima, that would make it look really girly.
    :drunk 

Thats a great Arcee, man.

15. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i like youre attention to detail. change the color and you still have a better head for bb there. althogh after seein youre mock up it does look pretty cool.

16. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I think the project looks great so far. The only suggestion I'd give is to somehow mod the chest and the sides of the car to look more feminine. I'd leave the middle part of the chest, but somehow modify the two side panels (with the headlights on it) and have them flip toward the back, if that's even possible (I don't even own one of these Bumblebee figures, so I have no idea if it might work or not). Hopefully you understand what I'm saying as it's hard to explain without a picture.

Also, while you're asking for advice and tips, always remember that this is your custom--if you like it the way it is, keep it that way. Keep up the great work, my friend.

17. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Love the paint job man! As the others have said mod the chest so she will look more feminine :thumb 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think the issue is, the body isn't too masculine, the head is just too small.

I would recommend recasting the head, expanding it, then fitting it to the body. (perhaps add some extra details to fit) It would be a shame to see such an awesome paint job go to waste.

Excellent work!:thumb 

19. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't think Arcee when i look at that.

20. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Hehe, I'm thinking the same thing.